• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Don't forget to vote!

foreveryoung001

Speaking of voting...

the Karate Forums Awards awards will be coming up for voting soon. But before that, we want people to nominate candidates in various categories!

Please click on the link in my signature to go and nominate.

Thanks!

Also, please remember that we do not allow non-MA political discussion on KF - so please keep this thread politics-free. Thanks again.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...so before this gets closed....

if you don't vote i don't think you have a right to complain.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Well, in my precinct, with the exception of the Presidental race, it was hardly worth bothering to be an "educated" voter.

90% of the items being voted on were uncontested. Mostly for judges. The only ones that had more than one choice were the Prez, a House of Rep seat and the County Tax Assessor.

Oh well... I voted. First time ever.

DT

Good Job Doubletwist... now you can complain if your guy doesn't win :lol:

Seriously though, they expect record turnout for this election. It's pretty cool to be a part of that. Even if the other guy wins, you were a part of the process in the largest election, that will elect the most powerful man in this country, and some say, the world.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

Bush got re-elected, too bad. I guess America's foreign politics would still be the same, democrat or a rebublican. The funniest thing was Kerry's speech, I laughed my * out when he said,

"Whoever wins, we can wake up and we are still americans...and that is the greatest privilige in the world"

And the end, as spectacular as ever, "God bless America."

I think the best thing about re-electing Bush is that we still have some humour in six o'clock news.

- Don't take it too seriously -

- Musse

"Be careful: The toes you step on today may be connected to the * you'll be kissing tomorrow"

The funniest thing was Kerry's speech, I laughed my * out when he said,

"Whoever wins, we can wake up and we are still americans...and that is the greatest privilige in the world"

lol that is funny, but I am proud to be Canadian

Well, at least you can find humor in my country :kaioken:

Wait till I get going about the Queen.....

Just kidding. :wink:

Politics are really quite funny as long as you don't take them to seriously. You gotta be able to laugh.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

there was supposed to be a record turnout of young voters this year and... it turned out to be about the same. except for in my great state of WI, where i heard today 80% of us ran out an voted! yeah! congratulations to mr. bush... now where did i put my passport...

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I think more young people did get out to vote, but the thing is, they weren't the only ones that made extra effort to get out and vote. That's why the relative size of the "young" vote didn't seem to increase.

But great job nonetheless. Don't believe the lies that not every vote counts!

IMO, the future looks bright, especially the next 4 years. :D

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

well, but with the electoral college, not every vote counts. it only counts if the person you voted for won your state. and in my case, my guy conceded before my wonderful state of WI was even done counting.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai