• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Don't forget to vote!

foreveryoung001

47mm, your really missing the point.

yes he has the right to complain, even though he didn't vote, and i accept that... but i accept that because he couldn't vote.

when the next election rolls around and complains even if he didn't vote, then i'll roll my eyes.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I have the right to complain about this "President" that we have elected when I myself am too young to vote?

Heh! You teenagers complain about EVERYTHING! :P

You're not getting the point if you think you're being excluded.

As a 17 YO, you are not empowered to vote, therefore it's not the same thing if you complain, as compared with someone who could have voted, but didn't, and then complains about the outcome.

See the difference?

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

Hello,

I think this debate has run its course, so I am going to close it. :) A few closing thoughts:

This is a very International site, but since this discussion is about voting in the U.S. election, this discussion is primarily for Americans...

As Americans, we have the responsibility of choosing our elected officials (those of us that can vote). This is a responsibility that should not be taken lightly or disregarded easily. It is one of the foundations of our society and something that many people have died for.

I always tell people... vote for the candidate who you feel will best lead the country. Republican, Democrat, Independent, Libertarian, Green, Reform... even a write in candidate that is running. As long as you vote for the person you feel will lead the country in the most efficient way out of all candidates, you are doing your job and no vote is wasted.

Anyone has the right to complain (not here, though, as we don't allow political discussions ;)), but those that complain that are eligable to vote but do not vote are bound to be reguarded as hypocrites. Voting is the ultimate action, more than protesting, writing a book, making a movie, etc. Those that are unable to vote, you can't hold that against them. Not being able is not the same as being able and not doing.

Thanks.