• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ANY GIRLS IN KUNG FU?????

Since there are girls in my class we start learning more hair pulling and more pinching and nail clawling...

What's a "girl's need" for combat?

I'm the best fighter in my class, I don't pull hair,pinch or nail claw, I use technique and I train hard.

Our greatest glory is in not never falling, but rising every time we fall

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarcasm is hard to note online with an lol...or haha, just kidding, or but seriously...

This is a lesson I continue to learn myself...

:)

[/b]

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think girls are worse at it or have more difficulty or can't enjoy the training, no way, its no different from anything else. But the class that I participated in was horrible. There was about 18 guys and it was my first lesson there, the only girl. They were mean, rude, they showed off and they pushed you around.

Yeah I sound like a winger, lol. But I REALLY didn't like that class. If I had of liked it I would have just ignored them for sure and showed them all, lol! But as it happened I didn't. I'm sure given the right teacher and class I would have really enjoyed my kung fu experience, shame though.

I don't think girls are worse at it or have more difficulty or can't enjoy the training, no way, its no different from anything else. But the class that I participated in was horrible. There was about 18 guys and it was my first lesson there, the only girl. They were mean, rude, they showed off and they pushed you around.

Yeah I sound like a winger, lol. But I REALLY didn't like that class. If I had of liked it I would have just ignored them for sure and showed them all, lol! But as it happened I didn't. I'm sure given the right teacher and class I would have really enjoyed my kung fu experience, shame though.

I'm a teacher, both by profession and by hobby (martial arts), so this type of bullying really sets me off (also my only child is female--now an adult--so I spent 20 years watching and cheering all manner of girls' sports, including Shotokan at the collegiate level, so I hate it when someone tells me what girls can't do). If the instructor has set a tone of preferential treatment for males (which I happen to be, by the way), or worse, allows bullying in the studio, shame on him--I'm not surprised you didn't llike the instruction: the instructor either had no control or little honor, and so it probably was not a very high quality studio anyway.

Find a good instructor/studio. Girls can do kung fu and excel at it! You'll love it.

'Do not do injury, if you can possibly avoid it.' --Tielo, 6th Century

'A man, as long as he teaches, learns.' -- Seneca

• 2 weeks later...

There are lots of awesome girls in Chinese and other martial arts in the tournament circuit. Some forms are actually performed better than some female competitors because of their flexibility. Do any of you recall Ming Lui on the NASKA circuit?

Clint

Free Spirit Martial Arts Activewear

http://www.FreeSpiritActivewear.com