• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ANY GIRLS IN KUNG FU?????

I practised Karate for 4 years and then became interested in Kung Fu.

So, I'm doing Wu Shu now (I'm 16), AND I LOVE IT!!!! God how I love Martial Arts.

I just cant live without it, without fighting and practising internal arts (I'm very much into spirituality). I'm doing Tai Chi too (I need it cuz my health is not that good), under the same master/Sifu). lol, I've been like this since I was born, I remember how I used to fight with my aunt's bf on the couch. He said: "*! she's a dangerous kid!". :lol:

God how I hate it when people say "she shouldn't do kung-fu she's a girl!!". :roll: It REALLY ticks me off.

Like...duhh, why can't girls do martial arts too? :evil: I think it's so stupid to make differences between genders on what they should do and what not, hey it's the same like: "omg he's a guy he shouldn't do ballett!" :o LOL

We're all humans, just let people do what they love and want.

Kill is love

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God how I hate it when people say "she shouldn't do kung-fu she's a girl!!". :roll: It REALLY ticks me off.

Like...duhh, why can't girls do martial arts too? :evil: I think it's so stupid to make differences between genders on what they should do and what not, hey it's the same like: "omg he's a guy he shouldn't do ballett!" :o LOL

We're all humans, just let people do what they love and want.

I tottaly agree, it's freaking 2005 shouldn't stereotypes have already withered away and died?

A person should have a choice to do whatever they want.

Back on topic, There's a kung-fu school near my place, very small (6-8 student's), no girls :( ... But once when I was invited to visit another BJJ place, medium(15-18 students) there was one girl there, she was a white belt, but she had been there for 5 months, quite the good fighter, but... she would only spar with her bf >_<.

Im a girl and I do Kung Fu...

However, I'm the only female at my Wing Chun class. It doesn't bother me, though - if I ever got into a situation where I'd need to use my SD skills then it'd most likely be against a guy anyway. Plus, I prefer training with the blokes. It's funny when a woman can hit harder than they can! :lol: :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 1 month later...
Im a girl and I do Kung Fu...

However, I'm the only female at my Wing Chun class. It doesn't bother me, though - if I ever got into a situation where I'd need to use my SD skills then it'd most likely be against a guy anyway. Plus, I prefer training with the blokes. It's funny when a woman can hit harder than they can! :lol: :lol:

WC was made by a girl anyways.

Hence, how we CLF guys made fun of WC people back in the 70s - calling their art "girl hands." :P

No offense btw just a random fact. :roll:

I'm not a woman, but there are several friends of mine in the class who are and they are doing great. The best assistant instructor at the school is also a woman (and man will she ever work you). It's not fair really, I try my best to do the form and make it look good, but on my best day I can't get it to look as good as the girls. Oh well, it is a great class and I am glad I get to train with the ones at the school. They are all great.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

I'm not a woman, but there are several friends of mine in the class who are and they are doing great. The best assistant instructor at the school is also a woman (and man will she ever work you). It's not fair really, I try my best to do the form and make it look good, but on my best day I can't get it to look as good as the girls. Oh well, it is a great class and I am glad I get to train with the ones at the school. They are all great.

Don't worry bro. At the end of the, Gung Fu is about who is the best fighter, not who's the best dancer.

Thanks, but there are some of the women in there I would not want to mess with. I like it, it's fun.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

I'm a girl and I do kung fu... I love it. At lower levels there seems to be more women than men in the school, but as the ranks get higher it becomes 50/50ish. Many of the women in my class dislike sparring and doing techniques with men, and expcet the men to hold back (many of them do), but I fight my hardest and expect everyone to do the same (other than when I'm fighting someone less into it than me, then I of course tone it down). The second in command at our school is female, as are many of the sifus. I think there are more male sifus, though.