ANY GIRLS IN KUNG FU?????

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JKDkid2, we have this thing called ibuprofin. Try it some time.

Anyway, working out actually does quite a lot to help relieve cramps.

I am so sick and tired of girls acting like they become weak little babies when their period hits. We all have our problems we have to work through. Especially in a martial arts class, we've all had our injuries - it's no different. If you want true equality in this world, JKDkid2, you can't go about enforcing this stereotype of "the weaker sex."

If you want true equality in this world, JKDkid2, you can't go about enforcing this stereotype of "the weaker sex."

I concur, if there is one thing I can't stand (I'm a guy) its women being equal when it suits them, and feeble when it doesn't.

I've talked about this with the guys at our Wing Chun class. Some of them feel they have to go easy on the girl that trains with us, I think that attitude is deplorable. If she had to use her Wing Chun in a real fight against a guy she's going to have a totally warped perception of her abilities if everyone takes the softly softly route.

I hardly think 'go easy with me I'm on my period' is going to help her (or you) win any fights either, JKDkid2.

"...or maybe you are carrying a large vicious dog in your pocket." -Scottnshelly

A friend of mine has an ex who does wing chun (he does shaolin with me) and often sparred with her when they were together. She could probably land more punch on him and he could on her, but he didn't complain while he got hit a little hard, but she did. Of course I am not generalising for the whole gender based on this situation, but ppl that does MA without wanting to get a little hurt now and then, ticks me off :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's only 1 girl at my school right now, a few at the branch schools run by my SiHings.

But it's always great to see girls go for Kung Fu or any MA tho. However, I personally think Northern styles fit with their physiology more. If south, then Wing Chun yeah.

Do you think Hung Gah is well suited for the typical female bodytype? That kind of rigidness, I think, only limits the flexibility and usefulness of the female anatomy.

does you kung fu class need to improve to fit girls needs in combat?

Mixedfighter, you obviously feel that there are areas that need improvement. Can you tell us in what specific areas that YOU feel needs improvement? :-?

What works works

• 2 weeks later...

If I remeber correctly, Wing Chun was developed by woman and was originally for woman.

and I remeber certain type of Crane kung fu is supposely for woman too.

Also, Er Mei styles are for women too, cuz those were developed by Nun.

Being a girl (yeh, still call myself a girl at 32), I found Kung Fu to be more suitable for me than Karate. I'm pretty small and find the body rotations and side stepping/cross stepping really help me get out of the way of a strike or kick and get me in close enough to inflict some damage. Even the Northern styles which usually work good with longer arms, can be adapted for a small person. The less I get hit the better!