• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i would have to admit i think the average boxer would beat the karate guy. However i think it would be a different story with a higher ranking experianced karate guy.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I know a guy who trained in boxing for about 9 years , and then he got himself banned from the local boxing federation for hitting a referee so he moved to kickboxing where he easily won many local tournaments and placed second in an international tournament that was held in Russia , then , he was introduced to muay thai where he built a reputation for himself for beating any one that stands in his way , now he's gona fight in the west Asia tournament . When I asked him what techniques does he usually use , he said : Boxing techniques + low kicks .

Just to show how deadly a boxer can be .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Yes but its all general when its said which is better, chances are there is a guy who takes one of the martial arts you said wouldnt win agaisnt a boxer might have someone who would beat him, or some other guy who doesnt take martial arts at all would win. The only reason why i originaly thought boxers couldnt fight well was because all the ones i faught were really really easy to beat, so personel examples usually get lost in the generalization. But yea that guy must have been really good.

William Penn

Systems do not define a person. A person defines himself.

Yes but thats been said a billion times, its more interesting to bring up new points.

William Penn

I don't really see any good reason to think a Karateka would defeat a boxer.

Here is ur reason : Four arms !!!!!

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Systems do not define a person. A person defines himself.

Yes but thats been said a billion times, its more interesting to bring up new points.

Well, when the debates discuss persons of different styles as a means to indicate one system is better than another, it's a good idea to rehash this thought. There are always exceptional persons in various styles, and these persons create a lot of interest in this or that style, whilst these persons bloom. When they are no longer blooming, there remains the afterglow... and the repeated claims that a system works, because this or that person was able to apply it effectively. Yet, in the end, it is the person, moreso than the style (or styles).

Thus... my reason for repeating something said a billion times. ;)

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro