• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traditional Karate HAS low kicks and it also has takedowns as well as headbutts. Add that to the the fist, open hand, finger, elbow and knee strikes then you can see the potential superiority of karate to boxing.

The trick is to find the right school with the right sensei and to train with dedication.

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

Traditional Karate HAS low kicks and it also has takedowns as well as headbutts. Add that to the the fist, open hand, finger, elbow and knee strikes then you can see the potential superiority of karate to boxing.

The trick is to find the right school with the right sensei and to train with dedication.

And that is probably the biggest issue. You will be hard pressed finding ma that train as hard as the avg boxer. regardless of a smaller number of techniques, this gives them a huge advantage. Also, the fact they get generally get more "live" training gives them a big advantage.

I would be hardpressed nowadays but there are schools of karate whose training is hard and bareknuckle brutal and some of these people would make mince meat of your average and not so average boxer.

Now, there are not that many such schools as we both know, but they exist.

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

And that is probably the biggest issue. You will be hard pressed finding ma that train as hard as the avg boxer. regardless of a smaller number of techniques, this gives them a huge advantage. Also, the fact they get generally get more "live" training gives them a big advantage.

Easy , find any kyokushin school or one of it's offsets , Kyokushin training is as hard as boxing if not harder , and they usually get lots of "live" training .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

[Kyokushin]>[boxing]>[90% of all Karate Styles]

I dont understand your post could you elaborate?

Although a Kyokushin trained Karateka would be a good match for the average boxer the average boxer would beat about 90% of average non-kyokushin karateka.

P.S. I studied Wado Ryu at the Scottsdale martial arts center.

Peace and may God be with you...

Deus Ex Remake

do you have proof?prob not, most boxers i know...actually every boxer i know would lose to most of the people i know who take karate so maybe its the practitioner that matters.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn