• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

like i said before, the methods we use in kyokushin are very rough and strength focused. Unless someone trains under these types of conditions they simply wont be able to take the power. The low roundhouse kicks we use would completely destroy a boxer. in full contact kyokushin tournaments, other karatekas who condition for these types of low roundhouses still get knocked down with a few kicks to the thigh. Now imagine a boxer who has no leg conditioning watsoever. cmon...guys one or two quick low roundhouses to the thigh would knock him down, i dont even wanna think about wat would happen if a full power kick to the knee was executed. Boxing has its limits, especially vs styles that train hardcorel ike kyokushin.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd say that boxing depends more on individual style, especially when compared to MA's, boxers come in more variety of tactics and strategy. you have your more static boxers that keep kind of flat footed, while you have your more muhhamed ali style boxers that are extremely mobile, and can be very smart fighters. i'd say kyokushin would easily beat boxers that stay flat footed, but against someone that can really move well...i'd give them equal chances.

style:wing chun

Don't try to predict the outcome of a fight. just let nature take its course.

To jump to the conclusion:

If we take an average boxer against an average karateka (shotokan), I believe a boxer would win. Many training Shotokan are distance fighters, keeping the boxer at bay.

But as the boxer has a great guard, the shotokan's otherwise dangerous techniques would be useless. If the boxer then could turn the fight around after seeing an opening, he would knock the karateka in just a few combinations.

On the other hand, if we take a good boxer against a good kyokushin...

Now that would be interesting.................

16 years old

1. dan Kyokushin Karate

Never underestimate your opponent!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok lets give the boxers the respect they deserve. They do hard physical training all day and are fast, strong and can take a lot of hits. Unfortunately i would have to go with Karate. My dad does karate and when i sparr with him using my karate, i stand toe to toe. As soon as I adopt a boxing stye, he kicks my *. True, ive never done boxing, but what nobody understands is that although boxers can deal devastating blows, and take some, martial artists block extremely fast. The Karate followers would only let a few blows be thrown and would block them and end the fight quickly, using pressure points and a various amount of bodily weapons rather then hands to take the boxer out.

Ive seen clips of boxers beating karate men.

Ive seen videos of karate men beating boxers.

Im guessing that the person with the more skill and more training/experience would dominate the match.

The biggest weakness for the boxers would be that they are way to use to relying on their fists to knock the guy out.

Karate men on the other hand also have a weakness to,not all can block fast,you forget not everyone are the same as you and everyone else in these forums and it takes years of experience and training to be a great fighter since they learn a lot of disciplines,attacks,etc...unliek boxers who learn different variations of punches,for boxers...it'll probably take a few months to be a hardcore fighter in the ring.

Show me a 20 year experienced Karate warrior and a 20 year experienced iron fist boxer....then that would be very intresting to see who would win.

I'd put my money on the 20 year karateka. Because after 20 years of being an iron fist boxer, you'd be pretty jacked up health-wise. ;)

I've posted on this topic before, but I really think it boils down to what kind of karate (Japanese? Okinawan? Sport?) and what kind of fight they are in. I may lose to a boxer in sparring or maybe I won't. However, I am far, far more confident in the outcome if it's simply a no-holds barred fight.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

I wonder how Choki Motobu would have answered this after defeating a professional boxer in about 2 seconds flat?

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

There are far too many things to look at when getting into this discussion. First off you have the questions. Is this a match, or a real get down and brawl fight? What style karate does the karateka do? What weight class are we talking? Then you have the rules if it's a match. What size gloves, if any, are used? Are takedowns permitted? Are leg kicks legal? In a match, you have two sides. If you called it just a hands only match, a boxer has a good chance of winning, but then again so does someone who studies Kenpo. If you call it a full-contact match with takedowns involved, this is where the boxer may have a disadvantage. The leg strikes and throws may eventually get to a boxer. In a full get down, drag out fight, then who knows? That all depends on circumstance, experience, etc. The boxers that I have sparred with have had trouble keeping up. Even though I am on the short end generally, I'm 5'8". This is because I fight big 185lbs. When you go full contact rules, the boxer didn't expect the leg kicks from me. He didn't like them either. He didn't expect me to "catch" his punch, throw him to the ground, and score. He didn't expect a lot of things. Is this true with all boxer? Of course not. That is just the experience I have had with the four that I have sparred with.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

I wonder how Choki Motobu would have answered this after defeating a professional boxer in about 2 seconds flat?

wouldn't matter.

his accomplishments don't reflect anyone else's. assuming he could do that, the avg person can't.