• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

do you have proof?prob not, most boxers i know...actually every boxer i know would lose to most of the people i know who take karate so maybe its the practitioner that matters.
Your right I only have as much "proof" as you do:personal experience. I'm only speaking about the people I know of personally of course.

Peace and may God be with you...

Deus Ex Remake

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well most boxers are actual fighters ware as most karate schools are TMA so unless the karate guy trained in kyokushin or seidokaikan then i would definately bet on the boxer. as elbows and knees so elliquently wrote the avg boxer would maul the avg TMA

Fist visible Strike invisible

kickboxing is basicly thai boxing with no elbows and most of the prokickboxers take muay thai not to mention that kickboxers get mauled by thai boxers when elbows are allowed. dont get me wrong kickboxing is ahead of most styles in training and condishing but the way the muay thai fighters train in thailand i would have to say that there are more good thaiboxers than kickboxers

Fist visible Strike invisible

• 3 weeks later...
kickboxing is basicly thai boxing with no elbows and most of the prokickboxers take muay thai not to mention that kickboxers get mauled by thai boxers when elbows are allowed. dont get me wrong kickboxing is ahead of most styles in training and condishing but the way the muay thai fighters train in thailand i would have to say that there are more good thaiboxers than kickboxers

Good point , however , there are more kickboxers than thai boxers

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I would disagree. on a most basic level, there is american kickboxing. The do not allow clinching, knees or leg kicks. Next, there is international rules - they allow clinching, but no knees or elbows. Next is modified muay thai - they allow knees. Finally, muay thai allows elbows_and_knees.

Also, kickboxing technically has absolutely NOTHING to do with muay thai. kickboxing came about because point style karate guys wanted to hit harder than the light contact they were allowed. They followed a boxing format - ring, gloves, round length, etc. And hence, kickboxing was born. Thai boxing was around WAY before kickboxing and developed independent of it. The reason why they are associated together now is that may people call it "thai kickboxing", so people tend to associtate the names.

On a technique level, they differ greatly - way more than just lack of elbows. Stance, footwork, evasion, etc. It's all different between the two.

Good point , however , there are more kickboxers than thai boxers

popularity. thai boxing is more common in europe and asia than in the US and canada.

i'd definatly give this one to boxer. IMO they are very street effective, hands like pistons with sharp feints and what not, and good foot work. for street fighting i'd even go as far as to take boxing over kickboxing because kickboxing is all full commited strikes, they dont teach much technique anymore, its all about power. also kickboxers tend to like a lot of space to be comfortable, they also like to take their time which isnt such a great trait in street combat. muy thai is another story though, they have a lot of street effective technique and are more comfortable at closer range than normal kickboxing. the one thing a good boxer would need to add in to be more effective is a few simple low kicks and he'll be good for real life encounters.

style:wing chun

Don't try to predict the outcome of a fight. just let nature take its course.

muay thai allows elbows_and_knees.

Good one :lol:

Also, kickboxing technically has absolutely NOTHING to do with muay thai.

We all know that kickboxing is <> than thai boxing , however , most kickboxers i know are also thai boxers and vice versa , not to mention that thai boxing had a great influence on the development of kickboxing

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike