• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I got into an arguement the other day where my friend likes watching boxing,and his comment was if the two karate & boxing met , boxing would win.I begger to disagree with him,as boxing has to many rules . Am i right or wrong,am i biased because i study i]karate[/i] . what's your view ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you put an average Karateka with an average boxer than the karateka would get his * kicked, and you know this.

- Musse

"Be careful: The toes you step on today may be connected to the * you'll be kissing tomorrow"

This has been discussed over and over. We are comparing oranges with cabbage :D Boxers would think they are better, any karateka would think his/her style is the mother of all.

A beginner karateka would be defeated by a boxer with the same time in the sport. At a higher level, the implications are higher. Still it's quite a sterile subject and there are so many chances to get into another bashing style thread we don't like here in KF.

well, on the street, boxing is one of the best martial arts to know. bruce lee said that himself. as for karate, dependso n the karate... most of that crap in the us boxing hands down. maybe some of those hard core kyokushkin whatevers will take on a boxer. maybe.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

Its to hard to tell for sure, a couple of hard hits can really help decide the outcome of a fight. Boxers can hit, but some can the karate student, the only problem is some karate schools are not training as intense as they probably should be and most boxing schools are training intense.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

I'd probably lose to a boxer if I fought him in a boxing match, but I think I could take the average boxer in a fight. I did box in college, by the way.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

surely if fighting a boxer.any karate-ka could sweep his legs,smash his knee/groin/ankle etc etc the boxer would be knackerd as he is only trained in stance fighting,not grappling ground work etc...