• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

relaxation

The Japanese term your looking for is mushin "no mind" I believe.

I have several exercises that aregeared toward this. As long as you have your techniques practiced into muscle memory, no mind works like a champ. If you have nothing to react with the reaction is usually to freeze as your mind engages and tries to think of something.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Heeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaack !!!!! ;-)

Please Gilbert......enlighten all of us on how we can achieve your deep level of expertise and understanding of "the way".

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

• 1 month later...

i agree with the dude that said to act and not think. one way to help with this is to play DDR.....befroe you flame, hear me out. i'm not like a goth or anything thats pro but i do play it and i'm semi-decent. but sometimes i notice that if i'm paying attention and thinknig about it, i will do good but not the best. then, if i start playing and i just start to think of other things and not really about DDR, all of a sudden the song will be over and i'll have like a AA scaore or something. kinda funny but it does work.

• 2 months later...

Heeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaack !!!!! LOL

believe it or not nearly every thing gets better when your relaxed. speed,power, and theres less teligraph.

comeing frome very stiff styles i was way to tense and after i took a little kung fu i started to relax and i got better.

Fist visible Strike invisible

thats exactly what i said. not to concetrate to much on one thing.

Even the most powerful human being has a limited sphere of strength. Draw him outside of that sphere and into your own, and his strength will dissipate.

• 2 weeks later...
be relaxed in a fight. always be relaxed. your mind can only concentrate on one thing.

Actually, your mind must not be on any one thing, your mind must be free from distraction too. Be like water...

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

i agree with the dude that said to act and not think. one way to help with this is to play DDR.....befroe you flame, hear me out. i'm not like a goth or anything thats pro but i do play it and i'm semi-decent. but sometimes i notice that if i'm paying attention and thinknig about it, i will do good but not the best. then, if i start playing and i just start to think of other things and not really about DDR, all of a sudden the song will be over and i'll have like a AA scaore or something. kinda funny but it does work.

DDR Rocks!!! Want a coordination exercise? This is it man! Sure, you look like a complete idot doing it, but thats what PS2 is for, lol :)

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant