• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hello, im a newb to martial arts so at least everyone can kick my * in this forum . I want to learn how to defend and also attack smartly and im interested in muay thai because it seems its really cool style , my cousin is attending tae won do and i dont really life it because its pretty slow .. How long will it take me to be s above average student in martial arts usually and where shall i attend classes.

Cheers everyone :karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How long will it take me to be s above average student in martial arts usually

They say in muay thai you should be pretty good after around 6 months training. But its all relative to how often and how hard you train.

is Shotokan good style of combative fighting as well ?

also my cousin is 9 going to taec kwon do, and his father keep telling me that he needs 5 more years to go for black belt and he is taking 5 hours a week lessons , i dont believe this . He is on green belt already, and for black belt i believe he needs 3 more belts for black and that would take him prob 1-2 year period. Or is it true 5-6 years ???

cheers :karate:

is Shotokan good style of combative fighting as well ?

Its pretty good.

i dont believe this . He is on green belt already, and for black belt i believe he needs 3 more belts for black and that would take him prob 1-2 year period. Or is it true 5-6 years ???

There are so many variables involved that its almost impossible to answer this question properly.