• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What time of the day to train What?

gojuchad

I have been told by my instructors that there is certian times of the day that certian training is more effective. I was wondering what everyones experience is with this is. And if so what are some examples.

Draw close to god, and god will draw close to you. James 4:8

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As long as I've had my morning coffee..I'm good to go. :D

I don't think there's a particular part of the day that is better, but generally most people work for a living, so evenings are usually the best and I think it's an excellent way to "de-stress".

Most people "function" better at different parts of the day, so I would think it depends on the person.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Morning is great for basics and cardio stuff - limber you up and get the blood flowing for the day. Afternoon/evening is great for learning more advanced technicques and other things.

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

I have absolute faith in what you said. Unfortunatelly it's almost impossible for me to test my best training time in the day since I can train exclusivelly in the evening .. from 8 to 10 PM. Sometimes when I'm too tired it's kinda hard to fall asleep. But, that's the time I can spend in the dojo.

I think I'd make it better with morning classes, but right now it's impossible :cry:

I enjoy my morning workouts. When I miss them due to work schedules, I feel sluggish the rest of the day. I teach class in the evening, and those are fine, but I feel like I get the best out of my own workouts bright and early.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

From what angle are your instructors approaching this discussion? Are you talking about energy work? regular workout type stuff? A little more detail will allow for a more informed opinion. Maybe not much more. :)

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

thank you all for your replies that is some good feed back. I was wondering if you have been told that it is good to do certian kata at certian time also. :karate: God Bless.

Draw close to god, and god will draw close to you. James 4:8

Certain kata/ qigong are supposedly best performed at certain times of the day according to whether they are prevelantly yin or yang in nature. mornings for yang energy work and evenings for yin energy work.

This is a quick answer to what he's actually asking so I'm aware that it's an over-simplified explanation.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.