• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best movie martial artist

who is the best movie martial artist?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. who is the best movie martial artist?

• jean claude van damne
    • steven segul
    • jet li
    • jackie chan
    • chuck norris
    • Bruce Lee
    • Other

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

okay i relize that for entertainment purposes my pick isnt the greates, but thinking of who is the best in a fight i have to go with Steven Seagal.

the guy supposedly never lost a fight while training under his master instructor and when he started his own dojo in japan, he lived to tell the tale.

being a Round Eye so to speak and starting your own dojo in japan is not exactly the smartest thing in the world to do.

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

Van Damme could whip Norris anyday. Every body knows that ! :brow:

Are you crazy?! Van Damme is the worst of all of these guys. He shouldn't even be a choice. Can't act, doesn't get selected for good movies, uses maybe four or five different moves then replays them in slo-mo throughout the whole movie. Norris would kill him without even meaning to. But I must admit, however good at MA Norris is, his movies are pretty awful.

My vote went to Bruce because he actually directed all his fight scenes in addition to coreographing (how do you spell that?) preforming, and not using any special effects. His camera placement and cinematography were exceptional. But Steven Segal and Jackie Chan are right up there IMO as well. Jackie Chan in particular must be the hardest working movie maker in world, whether you're talking about martial arts movies or any other kind of movies.

And, again (I've said this on other threads) where's Sonny Chiba? I'm not saying he'd win, but c'mon, he'd at least beat out Van Damme, and Maybe Chuck too.

Tae Kwon Do - 3rd Dan, Instructor

Brazilian Ju Jitsu - Purple Belt, Level 1 Instructor