• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats the most extreme thing you do to train.

I love to punch and kick trees and do forearm banging on trees or steel poles......usually people look at me like Im a crazy man....lol.....whatever. :-)

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just training up to 6 times a week, and instructing another 4, whilst having arthritis is extreme enough with me. I don't really agree with conditioning. I guess having been really ill with the arthritis in the past has given me a healthy respect for the body and it's functions, and I don't want to risk messing up what already works well the way it is.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

Angela.....there are 2 fantastic products available to help with arthritic conditions.

MSM is a natural sulphur based product, and Glucosamine Condrointin (sp?)

Both products work wonders, they give AMAZING results....you may even be able to find them in combination by certain manufacturers.

People that use them really see unbelievable results relatively quickly.

My mom was complaining about arthritis, I recommended these products to her, and after taking them, she had remarkable results and recommended them to her friends, who also had incredible results. Give it a shot.....I know youll be happy. Good luck ! :-)

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

I have tried Glucosamine in the past, and it did seem to help a bit. The problem is that it is not that cheap and I already spend a lot each month on my prescribed medication, so I always take it for a couple of months and then get tired of the extra expense and the fact that it means taking extra pills. I am currently working on cutting as much salt out of my diet as possible, and I have a copper magnetic bracelet. When I have a bit more money (ha!) I would also like to try reiki and/or accupuncture.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

Angela, my mum has severe arthritis in most of the joints in her body. Several years ago, she tried a 'diet'/'eating plan' (whatever ya wanna call it) by a man named Dr Dong, who devised it in order to help his own arthritis.

She followed the plan for a few weeks and the difference was clearly noticable. She still follows the plan to this day (although with the occasional lapse for cream cakes ;)) and it has helped her arthritis to be much less painful.

I can't remember the name of the book, but I'll find out for you if you like.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I think that our training is fairly high intensity most of the time, especially when there are tournaments coming up. You're in an anaroebic state for a long period of time and it is very hard training. I don't think we do any one thing that would constitute "Crazy" like trying to catch flies with our chopsticks or anything. We do a lot of body conditioning, like being punched in the stomach while doing situps and stuff. I think I'll have to experience training barefoot on snow this winter though.... yikes!

I think I'll have to experience training barefoot on snow this winter though.... yikes!

Believe me you don't wanna.... As someone who has "been there, done that" then trust me - stay in your nice warm dojo this winter!! :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I sparred with a friend outside in the snow for about an hour and a half barefoot. And another time I sparred for an hour during a rather large freeze in my area for an hour, but I had on a pair of socks (in looking back, I don't see the logic of wearing the socks--they were soaked afterwards and didn't do anything to keep my feet warm.)

The greatest clarity is profound silence.

I love it when you try to throw kicks and you're not to sure if you hit the opponent hard or not because you've lost almost all sensory nerves in your foot.

The greatest clarity is profound silence.