• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats the most extreme thing you do to train.

I train goju and sometimes our teacher will have us go out in the snow or cold water and do sanchin which is a kata. You are suppose to be so focused you do not feel the cold. We do someother wild stuff but I would like to know what everyone else does.

Draw close to god, and god will draw close to you. James 4:8

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE DP PUSH UPS :D

my master instructor doesnt believe in aggressive acts to make you tougher....... :bawling:

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

I get my lazy butt off the chair and go to class. That's about as extreme as I get! :)

DT

- "Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently." Benjamin Franklin

-"If you always do what you've always done you'll always be what you've always been." Dale Carnegie

I may occaisionally take them running throught the snow for a few minutes, but I don't do anything to extreme.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

Me..uhm...i usualy do it on my own.

One time a duck taped a phone book to a tree and punched the phone book.Also wear my shin pads and kicked the tree...thats about as extreme as i got..

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

didnt do it at my kwan but was at work doing some forarm strikes on stuff...then a fellow co-worker asked me if you could ever have forarms as hard as iron...so I gave 3 strikes in a row as hard as I can on a wall corner...that shut him up....

I just didn't let him know that I had a pretty big bruise on my forearm afterwards and some mild pain for a couple of days :)

Me..uhm...i usualy do it on my own.

One time a duck taped a phone book to a tree and punched the phone book.Also wear my shin pads and kicked the tree...thats about as extreme as i got..

Where a shin pad? Defeats the purpose doesn't it? The most 'extreme' I have ever done was meditate for 24 hours in the woods. That by far was more challenging than anything physical I have ever tried.

Honor all things.

Where a shin pad? Defeats the purpose doesn't it?

well you know..im not the kind of person who one day decides to go outside and kick a tree until my shins start to gush out with a raging river of blood.And that was like...after i watched kickboxer...tv can relly take affect-.-

Im not into those kind of movies where u see people training hardcore in the outdoors with sum hyped music.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

to make sure i was on track id take on 3 or 4 guys my size all at once and see where i came out. any group of fools in an alley or bar will do, you just have to make sure theyre not armed somehow. (easier in the summer time.)

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli