• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

All the teachers in my area stink what should i do?

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pick out the best of the worst; use your dojo training as a foundation and supplement your advancement with training on your own based upon things you learn from books,videos and friends. FOCUS on the basics. any training is better than no training!

never having trained there I can't speak to the quality of the training but I reecommend you take a look at the black belt tree page of the Pesare link before you do anything else.

The number of 7th 8th and 9th degree blackbelts was stunning compared to only 1 first degree but the really bothersome stuff was:

"At the annual Black Belt reunion, Grandmaster Pesare may, at his discretion promote a non Kaito Gakko student to the rank of Black Belt. Although rare, only loyal students of honor are afforded this privilege. This special rank means that the individual did not undergo the 3 day Knighthood Black Belt Test and apprenticeship....

Dishonored

Fallen Knights...who do not speak the Truth Robert Ryan

Paula Pucino ...

The following will remain 1st Degree Black Belts for Eternity: Pat Azarian

Robert Barber

Peter Vierra ..."

The whole knight crap frightens me but the dishonoured fallen knights list?!?! You couldn't pay me to train with these guys.

I agreed with -briusmc- because thats the exact same thing I'm doing right now. I can not find a descent school so I pick one, it was a taekwondo school. I bought a few books, borrow ones I could not afford at the library, and bought a heavy bag. I go to class to learn the forms and get a belt, thats the only reason I go to class. I do most of the training at home.

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

Myosim does make a point, always check out many schools before deciding on one for you. What is good for one person may not be great for you. As to how many high ranking blackbelts Grandmaster Pesare has under him... you have to remember that he has been around for decades and poeple like Prof. Nick Cerio were trained by him.

He holds his training and the people he trains in very high respect. GM Pesare's training may not be for everyone, but he has paid his dues long ago and is a highly respected teacher in the martial arts world.

Take care. :nod:

Chris LaCava

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu

[ This Message was edited by: Chris from CT on 2002-02-06 21:41 ]

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu

He respects you until he deems you"Dishonored

Fallen Knights...who do not speak the Truth " and then not only does he stop training you but he puts you on some sort of hall of shame.

I can envison refusing to train students(though I never have had to) but to put their names on a list and post it on my website?? Talk about petty.

Charlie Samplais has Sampalis kickboxing near Providence and he is A good teacher that trains good fighters.

Peter Manfredo (Manfredos kickboxing,Boxing ) is in Providence and he was A former Kickboxing champion which is A very good teacher as well. His son is A rising star in Boxing.

tommybeeatafc@yahoo.com

https://www.ringoffirekickboxing.com

• 1 year later...