• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good info

i would like to know if any of you out there knows when exactly TKD was UPHILLso to speak.

when the hell was it VERY effective?

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

before it went to america?

at a guess i'd say that while it was still being taught 1st generation in the korean army it was probably still pretty close to what general choi had learnt originally.

i think the focus only started getting hazy when the element of competition/forms came into the equation.

purely conjecture of course.

but then again, simply saying that TKD, as in ALL tkd, is not good is just utter tosh.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

but the point was, how many martial arts in practice today was used for survival?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

battle field survival or street survival?

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

Let's please keep this topic respectful! Everyone is entitled to thier opinion and should be able to express it without being subjected to name calling. Let's keep this thread open by being respectful to all arts and all posters. Thanks you in advance for your cooperation.

Greg

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

but the point was, how many martial arts in practice today was used for survival?

It's not always about survival. Muay thai kickboxing was never used for survival, it was used to kick ***, which it excels at. Stuff like TKD was made so adults could compete in a safe friendly environment, and kids could learn to behave.