• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kenpo/Kempo Roll Call

Red J

Ed Parker's American Kenpo.

My Sifu does not affiliate himself under any of the current organizations though. He is a "True" Ed Parker practioner, as in all about the "Why" just as much as the "How".

He is the most intense, dedicated and knowledgeable Sifu and person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, let alone study martial arts under.

His name is Sifu Greg Medford, and I believe he studied under the Tracey bros sometime in the past, or someone who studied under them.

EDIT:

Ohh, and before this, I studied under a man named Mike Wall, and he taught ryu te ren me Karate under a true master named Taika Oyata... Whom I actually had the pleasure of meeting for a weekend seminar at Mikes school once.

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm giving this thread a bump as I have seen new kempo posters out there. Welcome!

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

i study the parker system. my teacher's name is keith gorham trained under mr. parker for a time, but his first teacher was eddie jollie. he's a good, knowledgable teacher and i am proud to study under him.

'ey wingedsoldier...

I don't think I've seen you around much. Glad to see another Parker system person around here...may I ask what rank you are (just so that I know what we can discuss?)

Keep an eye out for new Kenpo-related threads, and maybe you could help us revive some of the old ones, too.

Peace;

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Awesome. If your dojo is anything like mine, the advanced classes will rock. You'll be done practicing those basics for eternity, and just plow through them like you can, then move on to deeper things. Is your dojo a big one or is it rather small?

Ed Parker

I practice Kajukenbo

Kajukenbo has Kara-ho Kenpo wihich comes from Kosho Ryu Kenpo:

My lineage would be.... Mitose(kosho-Ryu Kenpo), Chow(kara-ho kenpo), Siju A. Emperado(Kara-ho Kenpo- Kajukenbo), Sifu Mendez(my sifu).

Kenpo Rocks! Keep on training,people!!:D

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

when talking about Parker and Emperado, I think you guys mean Joe Emperado instead of Adriano Emperado.

you might want to call the attention to that so people dont get confused with American Kenpo and Kajukenbo.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

Good point, Kajukenbopr. I was figuring you meant Joe Emperado - I didn't even know there was another one. Thanks for the clarification!

Ed Parker

Awesome. If your dojo is anything like mine, the advanced classes will rock. You'll be done practicing those basics for eternity, and just plow through them like you can, then move on to deeper things. Is your dojo a big one or is it rather small?

i guess it's pretty big for a dojo as far as members go. although the place itself is kind of small, however they're planning to add to it. and i don't know for sure how your classes are, but it rocks right now and it's totally awesome how all this stuff works. anyway, i can trust my sensei will teach us well. he has been teaching for 20 years and the black belts i've seen from his old school in fort worth are very good. the begginer's level was pretty easy, but i know i'm gonna be up for a ride this semester.

Edited by wingedsoldier