• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kenpo/Kempo Roll Call

Red J

What I meant by slappy is that we tend to want to go fast, not hard, which can be effective, yes, if properly executed. But, as SGM Parker said, we want accuracy, then power, then speed.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there are some in the Kenpo world, especially in the American Kenpo world, that tend to subsitute fast slappy moves for hard power shots that require proper body mechanics. I blame the Perfect Weapon. Ever since that scene in the TKD gym, everyone wants to launch 50 thousand flailing slaps at 500 miles per hour.

Speed will come in time. Proper mechanics and lots of basics practice is more inportant than the thousand mile per hour slap.

Welcome to McDojo's! One supersize blackbelt coming right up sir!

At Mcdojo's, your ability to succeed is only limited by the size of your wallet, and we back that up in writing!

• 1 month later...

in our school, (Cape Cod Martial Arts Academy) we primarily learn, Shaolin Kempo (villari, Cerio ect..) But we also learn a lot of Kempo Juitsu-Kai (Prof. Kimo). I have luckily had the chance to study with Prof. Kimo himself. Master Chris Hatch (5th dan) is my main instructor. He definatly works us hard and is one of the most helpful people I have met. Everyone in our class has a lot of fun (atleast from what i have heard and seen) I usually train about 3 times a week (more if i have extra cash :) )

and I am very excited to finally start learning Escrima in my spare time.

"Disqualification before Dishonor"