• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kenpo/Kempo Roll Call

Red J

I guess mine would go Parker, Sullivan/Leroux, Paul Metz, me. Not too watered down...I do the 55 technique system, but all the principles are indeed there. IKCA to be exact, but still very definitively Chinese Kenpo.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, all you Tracy people...tell me what the deal is with your style. What happened with Tracy and Parker? How is your system different that the right one (just kidding)? Why is ours so much better than yours (again, kidding)?

Not that I'm biased.

But seriously, though, I'm curious.

Peace;

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

my lineage goes back to

J. Mitose to

W. Chow to

Emperado to

E. Parker to

A. Tracy to

J. Green (my sensei)

Wisdom is knowledge rightly applied. To fight wisely is to rightly apply techniques.

Sorry kenpo fighter i have to add this,Emperado was a SR student over

Mr Parker when they both still were with chow,after Mr Parker left

Emperado did not go with Parker, he started KAJUKENBO ,

so you see you have his name on the line,and i can see what you mean

but if someone who did not know anything about kenpo would think that Emperado went with parker,hope you understand what i mean :-?

source from kenpojoe.

yours in kenpo

George A Elmer Jr

"club,stick, bat, hell they all hurt"

you're right, lonekimono.

i did forget that Emparado and Parker both trained under Chow. that was in hawaii, wasn't it? I forget. Martial Arts Geneology is not my strong point. I'll get it down on paper one day. It'd be a good thing to know exactly where my lineage came from. Anyway, I do not train in the American Kenpo system, which Master Parker founded. I train in the original form of kenpo.

Wisdom is knowledge rightly applied. To fight wisely is to rightly apply techniques.

you train in Parker kenpo, look kenpo_fighter please go to my web site and it should shed some lite on this whole thing, it will tell you were i came from , because i was in parker kenpo also.

let me know what u think??

yours in kenpo

George A Elmer Jr

"club,stick, bat, hell they all hurt"

lonekimono,

you've a very impressive website and alot of good information. but, i must repeat that the form of kenpo i study is not that of master parker's or the american kenpo which he founded. they're all forms of kenpo and come from the same source, but just like any language, they all have they're own "dialects". please go to my school's website and check out master tracy's website as well. the site can better explain my point.

https://www.kenpo-karate-jacksontn.com

https://www.tracyskarate.com

theres's a link to the family tree and where my kenpo roots come from. please share your thoughts.

kenpo_fighter

I take Sr. Grandmaster Ed Parker's American Kenpo Karate. I have been in the system for eights months now. I am currently an orange belt.

I have a question though. Why does it seem that everyone bashes Ed Parker and his system? I find it very straight forword and logical. (point of origin)

My proffesior, Mr. Sascha Williams says its because the nay sayers don't really understand the system... whats your opinion?

Through the night, a raven's schrill cry,

The wind, caressed by darkness, howls through the sky.

The stars in the heavens look upon the corrupt world below,

And as mankind's laid to rest, their fate they do not know.

• 1 month later...