• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are You Afraid To Die?

Ahazmaksya

Each day that we are alive we are one day closer to dying. I think it depends on what you believe will happen to you after you die. If you believe there may be a chance that the Bible is the truth then you should be concerned about your destination. If you don't then you really should be concerned. :o But Jiffy is definately right about living each day as if it were your last.

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand part of your post. I understand what you're saying about if I think the bible is right, I should be concerned. But I'm don't understand the bit if I don't think it's right.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Sorry, didn't mean to be vague, I meant not believing that the Bible is true in regards to life, and afterlife, is something to be concerned about because of the outcome when you die. Hell, :kaioken: to be exact. I know this is not a religious forum, so I won't go into any long explanations to support my beliefs. It is hard not to get personal when you are talking about death :)

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

Nike Ad.

Ummm, not really. Because if you don't believe in the bible, then there's a possibility you don't believe in Hell either, and therefore is nothing to be concerned about.

Some people believe that there is no heaven or hell and that when you die, that's it. In the ground, end of story.

Then there's another group of people that have an entirely different belief all together.

As per your post, I also will not speculate as to which one is right or wrong so as not to start a heated religous debate.

I honestly have no fear of death. I learned 2 years back that I had 3 major brain aneurysms that could burst at the drop of a hat, and for some reason it didn't really effect me at all. My mother had one burst a decade ago and she was pronounced medically dead but came back, and told me all about what to expect.

The only thing it did for me was help me realize how precious and fragile life is, and the time we spend living is all the time we have, there are no 2nd chances. I do what I believe is best for myself and everyone around me, because in death you live on through your contribution to the lives of others.

Fearing death is pointless. It's part of the grand cycle, it's a reality for everything that exists, not just living things. Everything fades in time.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

I understand what you are saying Jiffy and respect it. Thanks for your input. Yours too, MizuRyu, you are right about life being precious.

Nike Ad.

how do you know if your not afraid to die unless you have been faced with your own mortality.

there are ways of facing death without actually dying :)

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

how do you know if your not afraid to die unless you have been faced with your own mortality.

Quite easily. Fear is an emotion. If it's not an emotion you experience in relation to death, then you are not afraid of death. Seems simple to me.