• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are You Afraid To Die?

Ahazmaksya

I belive that any feeling and memory is just a result of the chemical reaction of life. The only time we can think in is the past, and the only time we can act is the present, so if a person dies, they have no memories of life. For this reason, I don't really care how I die.

I do think about this alot of the time. Only living in the past you can remember. If last night you were in your room and you picked up a ball and bounced it off a wall, then you wont remember today, so it doesn't matter to your current time. When you're dead, all life becomes like this, but the present too.

Some might say that if this is my phylosophy(sp?), then whats the point in doing anything. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact my life matters to other people, and they belive that stuff does matter.

I'm sure people will find many contradictions in this, and so have I already, but it's just wording my thoughts, things that are very hard to convert into material words. Just food for thought I think.

Don't shout.

S

World famour for idiotography

6th Kyu Wado Ryu

5th Gup Tang Soo Do

1st Dan Origami

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear the unknown aspect of death. At the same time, I can't wait to be released from this life. I think of death as a gateway to freedom.

I have kids, so I must live for and through them. I tell you though, when it is my time, I will thank God for it. He will truly be smiling on me.

Sometimes when I get mad I start spouting off yelling at myself, "shouldn't of kicked Gods dog. Now you've done it. Now he's gonna make you live for many more years."

Suicidal Tendencies is my favorite band. For those of you who aren't familiar, there lirics are about having a screwed up existence, but using it to make yourself that much stronger.

I don't understand the fact, that it is totally against my nature to let someone take my life. You'd think it would be the other way around.

I believe in denstiny, it is meant for me to be here. I have to set a good example for my kids, so I will never let them read this. And as far as death goes, someday I WILL be so lucky.

Uh oh, got to go, the white coats are coming.

Justfulwardog

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind. ~John Lancaster Spalding

• 2 weeks later...

Fear is good and will keep you alive if you listen. Fear of death is normal, but there comes a point when you accept it. If you are in a situation that is life threatening and you accept that you are already dead, you have a better chance of surviving. You will task the risks necessary in order to survive when you consider yourself dead already. If you are being attacked and you accept your death and fight you will win. Someone with nothing to lose are the most dangerous people.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 1 month later...

No

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

• 5 weeks later...

in some way people have thought about death young and old at some time of thier life. i'm more worried the way i would die, than death itself. i would rather die with honor in something i belive in than to die to lower gas prices at the pump

HEROS ARE NORMAL MEN PUT INTO EXTRAORNARY SITUATIONS

My fear is not in death itself, but in the denial of the opportunity for my continued existence, the experiences i may never have, and in the pain and suffering my death would impose on those i love and who love or depend upon me.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

interesting topic.

I obviously dont want to die.

I have no fear of attempting dangerous stunts that i feel i can successfully complete and test my skills.

I do not let the fact that i dont want to die hold me back from enjoying amazing experiences.

I believe the quality of ones life can be measures in the extremes of the experiences they have while they are alive.

I would not want to be a 100 year old man whos only adventures when alive was drinking a soda when i was a teenager, or taking the risk of crossing the road once...

I would have no problem living to a much younger age and have had done many of the things i have done and still have on my wish list.

I would hate to leave this world and have a long list on expereinces i was unable to complete.

a saying i love to this day...

" It isnt tragic to die doing what you love to do"

I like to think of death as the next natural progression. I specualted on what it would be like to leave home once, and when I did it was much better than I expected, I did the same with having children, couldn't have imagined how good that would be. As I grow older I think I'm learning not so much to speculate about the next stage and maybe not necessarily look forward to it but at least welcome it with confidence. Death is bound to be an adventure, or nothing at all. If it's the latter it doesn't matter.