• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are You Afraid To Die?

Ahazmaksya

Yes and no...yes, because of the unknown...no, because I believe in some kind of afterlife. Hopefully, I am not going to die anytime soon.. :)

Green Belt-Shotokan Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment, yes, I am. Not only because I'm young but, because I haven't done anything yet. I want to make some kind of [good] impact on the world and have a family. Edited by Hybrid
“Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through forging, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.” ~Morihei Ueshiba

• 2 months later...
I'm not afraid of dying since I believe in an afterlife, but then again I hope it doesn't happen soon! I'm actually more afraid of losing a limb or getting a horrible disease than dying.

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

• 2 weeks later...
I'll say this again if I already said it. All fear stems from a fear of death and the unknown. Death and birth are the only things in life you get to experience only once. It's almost instinctual to fear it. For example... I am afraid of falling. I'm not afraid of heights because I like flying and repelling. As long as I know I can't fall I'm OK. If I weren't afraid to die why would I be afraid of falling? At least that's what some psychiatrists think. It sounds reasonable to me so I tend to buy it.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

I guess my fear of losing a limb fits with your theory of everyone being scared of the unknown. but i'm more scared of becoming physically dependent on someone. BTW I had a really scary dream about sharks last night, I think i've now got sharkophobia too!

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

• 2 weeks later...
I just don't want to leave the people I love and care about behind. If my mother died, I would be crushed. If I died, my mother would be crushed... I'm afraid of doing something like to anyone.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

I am afraid of death, i mean no-one knows the truth about what happens, i mean is there an afterlife or what.I think you just have to rely on your beliefs to stop yourself from being afraid. Unfortunately i havent got a clue what i believe so tkd ur right!

i agree with the 2nd last post also, i mean at the end of the day if you lose a family member or someone close to you, you lose a big part of your life which cannot be replaced, which is scarier than anything.

I would like to mention my beliefs. You see I believe that all life gets replaced, one flame dies another relights in its place. I myself used to be terrified of death, but it was more of the fear of the unknown, I didn't know how I was going to die or what would happen to me, I still don't know what is going to happen but I'm no longer scared. Because I know that if my life goes another will take it's place.

Only in sadness can you find happiness. Only in death will you find life.

• 2 months later...