• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are You Afraid To Die?

Ahazmaksya

truth fully im not afriad to die. if i was told i had cancer and i would die and three months i would go home sit in my quietest room and commit seppuku (its when samurai take the tanto and honourable kill them self)

:bigwink:

:angel:

I know Kung fu - Neo (Matrix)

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not plan to die, but if I get in a fight to the death before I run.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

• 2 months later...

I used to be afraid of dying when I was young and into my teen years. Then came Vietnam! I survived being shot down 3 times and rescued. On two occasions, I had to destroy my plane to keep it from falling into the wrong hands (at the time, there was a million dollar reward to anyone who would give the enemy some of the equipment onboard). I survived Vietnam and 6 months at Walter Reed Army Hospital in Washington, DC, getting patched up. Then, I got caught underneath a haybaler on our ranch with a needle through my sleeve and my arm pinned so that I couldn't get out. And, five years ago, I survived a stroke and gangrene, that almost took my life. I came away with the attitude that if I was to spend the rest of my life worrying about dying, I'd have a short life. I figured it this way: I've survived more than most have, and when it is my time to go, I'll go, and there isn't one thing I can do about it, so why give myself an ulcer worrying about it! :angel: :angel:

Avoid rather than check,

Check rather than hurt,

Hurt rather than maim,

Maim rather than kill..

For all life is precious,

Nor can it ever be replaced.

"It is always useful to face an opponent willing to die for what they believe in. This means that both you and they have the same aim in mind."

I wouldn't say I'm afraid to die, any more than I'm afraid of the flu. I'll go out of my way to avoid it, but if it grabs me anyway that's life.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

I know this has been said many times here, Dont be afraid to die, dont be afraid to live. Possibly going beyond the scope or intent of this thread, put your Trust in God..and always know that your life is going according to His plan.

• 1 month later...
I've been telling this to people for years now, and they all look at me funny: I'm not worried about death. I'm worried about everything that comes between now and then.

Know thyself.

truth fully im not afriad to die. if i was told i had cancer and i would die and three months i would go home sit in my quietest room and commit seppuku (its when samurai take the tanto and honourable kill them self)

:bigwink:

:angel:

And then hope you don't mess up or only get halfway through cutting that "Z" into you and disembowling yourself. In feudal Japan, if you screwed up your Samurai buddy could chop your head off and that was not dishonorable. If you mess up, you'll have to deal with hospital recovery and a lot of psychological evaluation.

Know thyself.

Ridiculous.

No samurai ever had his head honorably cut off...

Samurai used the Wakazashi not the tanto.

and your best friend always assisted you (along with many others)

the cut to the back of the neck left a small flap of skin so that your head would stay attached to your neck.

it takes hours to die from disembowlment.

its also a Cross not a Z per say =p

AND DONT FORGET YOUR SAKE.

No im not Afraid to die(come close several times). Maybe afraid to live though miss kickchick.

Its easy to say your not afraid to die on a internet forum. but is the answer the same when it matters?

"The way of the samurai is to live each day as if you are already dead."

- Yamamoto Tsunetomo