• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Oz. Gloves do you spar with?

What Oz. Gloves do you spar with?

What does your school use?

We conduct most of our sparring with 14oz. sparring gloves. We spar pretty intense, we are not going 100% full force but we keep it real. We use to train 16Oz. but I find that they are just to big and bulky and the 14Oz gloves still give a lot of protection for you and your oppenent.

Let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We use 16 oz. The kids and some of the teens (who haven't bought new gear yet) use 14 oz. I sure feel it when I take a hit with a 14 vs. a 16. There are guys at my club who have done damage to their hands sparring even with the 16oz gloves on... one connected with a guy's forehead and his knuckes are bruised believe it or not!

kbgirl,

you canadians are just to hardcore!!!!!!!!

I need to get up there and watch some of these sparring matches if you guys are getting bruised knuckles even with gloves hahahaha, thats crazy but I do believe it. Now I have heard rumors that there are some pretty intense schools up in the great white north

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

well if you punch an elbow or something with gloves on, that can happen.

i havent sparred much lately with striking... but sometimes a tiny friend and i will just use bag gloves- we pull our punches though.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

HAHAHA! Yeah, we can get a little rough. That was one of the guys training for the ring fights I was going to go for... I have postponed my fight to some time in the spring, because I didn't feel like I'd be ready with only a month to go.

There are ring fights in North Vancouver on November 6th and at least 4 people from my club (2 women, 2 men) will be fighting. They're at the Squamish Nation Rec Centre at 8pm, in case you have nothing else to do with your weekend hehe.

For adults we also start at 12 Oz and then go up on hand size. ;-)

"You do not truly know someone until you fight him." - Seraph

"To be the best, you must be the best." - Me