• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm Nick, and I'll be kicking my way into a forum near you..

Verniere

Just a quick greeting to you all. I'm Nick, 17 years old from England. Been pretty hard to find good MA instruction in my area but I've found a good Muay Thai class near me that should meet my aims - keeping fit the main (And I've heard Muay Thai is quite intense), but hopefully building confidence and ability to ward of would-be trouble causers as well.

Just a quick question though, I can take the class either once, or twice a week - as it stands my fitness rating is about avarage, not an unhealthy person but not an athlete either. Would it be a little extreme taking up going to the gym once a week too? I have an idea of what to expect from the class but just wish for another opinion.

Thanks again, and hope to be posting around here.

Nick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome Nick.

In answer to your question, I think you should listen to your body. If you have the motivation to go twice a week, give it a shot, but if your body can't handle the workout yet, then back off and build up to it. You're young and it wouldn't take you much time at all to build up to twice a week... if you can't handle it already.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

• 1 month later...