• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do you find out how much psi your hitting with

I agree with Teal I am a small guy with like no build and if i spar with someone twice my size and with some muscle I dont think ill be able to hurt him if need be.

Btw I heard the human skull fractures or breaks at about 1200 psi is this true? I am just curious not like im gonna go out and harm anyone

28 movies, 50 years Godzilla is King of the Monsters

"nothing like a good workout" Paul Pheonix

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty high for the skull. Unless you really are a block head. :lol: :lol: That was hilarious!!

A good rule of thumb is that human bones LENGTHWISE can withstand 18,000 to 25,000 PSI. WIDTHWISE, they're typically only 1/2000th as strong. Think about snapping an ulna in two, versus crushing the ulna end to end.

The skull is probably only looking at about 10 PSI to penetrate. It's a domed surface, which iolair can attest to it's increased structural stability. But much beyond that, and you will do something much more dangerous than break the skull. You will cause the brain to shift inside the skull. That will kill someone without even much of a bruise. An instantaneous shift of 10g will kill you. Dead. No more you. Fighter pilots maintain 7-9g for periods of 1 second or less and can potentially black out from that.

This gets me back to technique. I'm convinced that most people walk away from fist fights because of bad technique. If you really know HOW to hit someone, then actually DO IT, and your opponent does not sufficiently redirect the attack.... I can only think of the possibilities.

Jarrett Meyer

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

-- Albert Einstein