• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do you find out how much psi your hitting with

Does anyone know how to find out how much psi you hit with?

the reason I ask this is because i feel my techniques wont hurt anybody if i have to even though they are pretty good

Sorry if this Post may be misleading

28 movies, 50 years Godzilla is King of the Monsters

"nothing like a good workout" Paul Pheonix

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason I ask this is because i feel my techniques wont hurt anybody if i have to even though they are pretty good

Sorry if this Post may be misleading

Get a heavy bag or a partner holding a target shield. You will quickly find out if your techniques have power. :brow:

IMO, you need to hit things in addition to "air techniques" to really be able to generate power, as well as proper bone alignment and the feel of actually hitting something.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I bleive its

speed times wieght of object, divided by striking serface

i forget what units the wieght and speed are, most likly KPM, and grams.

that will equal your PSI (pressure per square inch) in newtons i bleive.

Century used to sell a target that had a little number dial thing in it. the harder you hit, the more the number thing spun. it was very similar to a tire pressure guage. i checked thier website and didn't see it. my instructor used to have one though. really neat.

punch your bathroom scale.

better do it three or four times, just to make sure you're getting an accurate representation ;)

And then send the repair/replacement bill to tommarker. He's good for it. :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I had a punching pad with a sensor in it.....it was made by adepta technologies.....it measures the PSI of your strike.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

I bleive its

speed times wieght of object, divided by striking serface

i forget what units the wieght and speed are, most likly KPM, and grams.

that will equal your PSI (pressure per square inch) in newtons i bleive.

Speed times mass = momentum, not force

(though measuring momentum transferred can be useful too)

Pressure = force per unit area = Force / area (in SI, Pascals = Newtons per square metre)

I guess a way would be to have a non-deforming object hanging freely. If you know the mass of the object and you can measure how high it swings up to when you have hit it, you can work out the energy transferred by your blow.

Energy transferred by strike = Gravitational energy gained by swinging object = mass of object x gravitational field (10) x height gained

If you measure mass in kilograms and height in metres, your answer will be in joules.

It would be important to have a non-deforming object, because otherwise energy is going into deforming the object and not into making it swing up. To have any chance of accuracy you'll also need a partner to watch the bag swinging up so you can concentrate on delivering the techniques.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

I just went to the Adepta Technologies web site, and was upset to see that they made an executive decision to discontinue the manufacturing of their "power pad" line.......what I have is a large pad that can be hand held, or wall mounted. It has a sensor in it which has dual function. On one setting, it measures PSI of your strike, and the other function flashes a light, and measures your reaction time. It really is a great piece of equiptment, I cant imagine why they would chose to discontinue manufacturing it. Maybe if enough customers contact them they might reverse their decision, and continue to keep it available.

Adepta Sport Technologies has decided to consider the sale, and licensing of the "power pad technology", and all interested parties may contact

Martin Rubin

mdrubin@comcast.net

732-822-9507

I will most definetely be contacting them today in regards to mine.....again.....awesome piece of equiptment.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"