• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

TaeKwondo, Lethal Art compared to Karate?

Well thats weird , according to the lineage tree on that website , Hwarang warriors moved to China and Japan and taught their style there . They claim that Jujitsu was developed from Hwarang system while it's almost undisputable that Jujitsu was influenced by Chinese styles , not Korean

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. One must not go exactly by the diagram.

One could have a diagram depicting the same lineage, but with a japanese period of time at the top.

The diagram truly represents the metaphor, that all Martial Arts are related in purpose. And that warfare, and through warfare, rather than times of peace, ideas were exchanged, and practitioners were influenced.

Nations hardly taught or heavily influenced others in regards to this type of thing.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

• 1 month later...

remember, with lineage, a lot of people say different things... not everything being documented so well means a lot of history esp in the MAs is convoluted...

• 4 weeks later...

no, I think they focus completely on different things,

of course, by that time, the notion of seeing a man kick higher than his opponents head might have been seen as completely lethal, but I dont see it as "lethal" as much as I see it as "dangerous" on the hands of certain people.

Today, we know far more devastating styles are out there, but all styles can be turned into lethal techniques.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.traditionaltkdcollege.org/movies/jay_joe9_03demo.html

this self defence clip looks pretty cool, i found it while looking through other forums, i geuss its traditional tkd according to the domain name.

I hear alot of people raging on olympic tkd. This clip demo's what the self defence portion of my school looks like. We study WTF/Olympic TKD, but our school dosen't neglect the practical side of it either. Everyone that keeps saying how TKD isn't as effective as other styles because it's too sport oriented has only seen McDojang schools and not real ones and needs to understand that 80% of the TKD schools out there suck, but there are quite a few good ones too. Thank you Jedimc for posting this clip.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Hello,

I believe this topic has run its course. Now on 12 pages, started about 1 year and 3 months ago. It is a mish mosh of subjects, including general Karate vs. TKD, which is not appropriate. This is not the place to discussion which martial art is simply "better" on a general basis.

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com. :)