• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

moving back is good, kind of like vito said... the only time i dont is if im in trouble and i have to just cover up (crazy monkey fighting) in which case ill come in and clinch rather than take a huge punch as im going backwards. if im goin backwards i want to be slipping, blocking, and jabbing back at him.

on moving backward - it's great, but don't move ONLY backward. My rule of thumb is not to take more than two steps backward. After that you need to be sidestepping, circling or charging. He can move forward faster than you can move back, and he will eventually catch you.

Id rather rush in and take a couple licks to get into the clinch. If you protect your head while rushing, the blows shouldnt do much damage. Then when your in the clinch, they might be able to throw some ineffective blows, while you are steady nailing their midsection with knees. If you have to go backards, then you need to fake one way and then when they commit, quickly move the other so you can get to their back. From there, the world is open to you (RNC, hit/kick the spine, Takedowns, locks). But again, this all depends on if its sport or self-defense situations also.

KG

It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6.