• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kenpo~

Wickedwayz

takeing kenpo and lovin it , i realize that most of the movements translate into knife , and there is a quater staff video offered by chuck sullivan, other than that if i wanted to learn other weapons should i seek a specific art or are there any decent videos ( altho id rather an instructor ) or should i just get a video to learn the basics and tranlate it to kenpo since it seems to be alot of "freestyle" the weapons btw id like to learn are nunchuka and katana , and i think i saw a nunchuka form under one of the black belt qualifications for kenpo i dont think it was ikca tho .

~Never retreat, Always advance to the rear.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

One of the great things about the IKCA system is that it can easily learned and used in conjunction with any of the other systems/styles I've come in contact with- from Taiji to Shotokan, FMA's to Kendo. Ask some of the Kempo guys here about the weapons in their system. For the Katana, there are Japanese, Korean, and I believe some Indonesian systems that practice the sword. For combat effective knife and long blade work, look into the Fillipino systems. Talk to GM LeRoux about it, as he has an FMA background. I had the privilage of attending one of his blade seminars, and he has some intersting moves! I forget what the Korean system is called, but it is essentially Kendo repackaged in Korean. Also, talk to Jerry Love here about Silat- I understand they have some awesome blade work.

Nunchaku are not my thing, so I wouldn't know where to point you with that, except to the Japanese or Okinawan styles. Good luck!

Freedom isn't free!

look into the fillipino arts escrima,kali,arnis they wave some awsome stick and blade fighting.

good luck

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

What kind of kenpo?

IKCA. It is a short (55 technique) version of Parker Kenpo. It was developed by Chuck Sullivan (one of the most senior of Mr. Parkers students) and Vic LeRoux, with Mr. Parkers blessings. They call it Chinese Kenpo, and they do a few things different. But it is unquestionably Parker based, and a good system. There are a few things you don't get, like extensive family groupings and multiple escapes. But all the principles and concepts are there. I do IKCA and AKTS Kenpo, and I find them compatable. The IKCA curriculum gives me a different perspective on a lot of things, though.

Freedom isn't free!