• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wut are you doing this weekend...

ncole_91

Yesterday (Sat) I had a martial arts tournament, today I'm doing 'not a lot', although I may go to see a film later.

Well, aefibird? :)

You left us all hanging! How'd you do? We're dying to know!

I'm sure you kicked butt and took names later! :D

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i went to eau claire and visited my sister and a few buddies up there at the university.

so... ...yeah, how'd you do?

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Thank you for asking how I did in the comp! :)

I got 2nd place in the seniors kata (beaten by a current European Champion, so that made me feel better!).

I had to retire hurt in the 3rd round of the sparring. My knee has been playing up a lot lately (recurrent problem) and it decided to make itself felt during the match. I'd roundhouse kicked my opponent, but as soon as I put my foot back to the floor I had this shooting pain up through my knee and into my thigh. The pain had gone the next day, which is just typical... Oh well, there's always another time! :karate:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

That's awesome! Congratulations on placing 2nd with your Kata!

Don't fret the sparring though... Better to play it safe and be able to compete again than risk an injury that could sideline you for a while.

You'll get 'em next time!

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

• 2 weeks later...

I'am pretty much getting in shape for the new season of wrestling which starts monday,November 1st. I will also give out candy to those damn trick or treaters.

90% of teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you're one of the 10% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your Signature