• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

favorite kick

I love all the basic kicks (flying kicks are for movies and drunk opponents) :wink: Right now I'm partial to the rear leg fake leg sweep that "s" curves into a hook kick very hard to see coming! The opponent usually is only concerned with defending his/her legs.

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine (that I can actually do) has to be a tornado leading into a spinning hook. But, like a lot of others have said, in sparring I love going to the body with my lead leg. I just hang that leg out there waiting for an opening.

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

"Where we going in 5 months?!?!?!" "Cali!!"

-Spring Break '04

"Life begins at 130 mph".

my other favorite kick would have to be the "flower axe kick" Kick with the back leg but make a circular motion in coming up and down. it's a very showy kick for open forms

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

-Spring Break '04

OK, I've got a new one now. Steve Terada does it on his website, http://www.steve-terada.com. He calls it a halftwist axe kick flip. He does a front flip with his feet split, and grabs his front leg, leaving his back leg to fall in an axe kick. Awesomest kick I've ever seen.

cho dan TSD

-Spring Break '04

• 2 weeks later...
my favourite kick i can do is back foot round kick. but my favourite kick is a spinning heel kick. i can kinda do it put not very well/high/strong. i use it to close doors! :spitlaugh:

I think that I can honestly say that they are all my favorites. At first, they all seem almost impossible to perform as the instructors do. Then with patience, practice and good instruction, you can rock anyone with any kick! (O.K. , I do like the power and versatility of the front kick. And the feel of the whip of the spinning hook kick. And the height and speed of the tornado kick. And the sheer power and force of the side kick. And the angle and deceptiveness of the reverse roundhouse. And... see what I mean?!)

" If a tin whistle is made of tin, is hook kick made from a hook?"

MBP