• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Meditation

Sinar89

hey, what is the proper form for meditating. i heard after working out, on sunday (if thats your break day) you should rest and meditate for 30 mins. i think i know the basics but they said to count from 10-0 then 9-0 then 8-0 ect... is this right? after doing it for *instert number of days* will i be able to do it without counting. also, am i supposed to imagine anything or something. thanks alot, i really would like to get good at this. i know mastering will take along time. i also heard that when yu mediate, if your real good, it hightens your scences. like you'll pick up things you wouldn't normally pick up (guess thats why they never worried about getting attacked back then when they meditated lol) again, thank for all the help

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I dont think there is an actual time set to meditae or how to do it. Just relax, maybe go check the intern arts for more information...

You can mediate whenever you want (i think) and experiment diffrent posistions, different periods of time, breathing techniques..... all your personal preference

Nicolas :karate:

let me also add that, from my understanding, if meditating is to empty your mind, you just try to do it, whatever it means to you. Emphasis on breathing is very important i believe.

I would like to hear more about this.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

My favored approach is to enter inside myself, visualize all parts of my internal organs, manage my breathing to a rhythm that causes me to visualize, entering and exiting my lungs, the air as a liquid. Eventually, as the liquid is expelled from my body, i begin to feel myself surrounded by this liquid. Then, without intent, i begin to feel beyond, to all that touches the liquid, is engulfed by it, is engulfed by me.

I then, slowly and without effort, clear my mind.

nothing

Occasionally a thought flits in. I allow it to travel in, and then travel out... and once again i am clear.

I do not force anything, nor do i 'try' to do anything. There are no goals, there is no time frame. When i am done, i am done.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Do you use your meditation time as a time for "visualisation" - which I have heard can be a powerful method for ingraining techniques - or is that something different?

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

There are many types of meditation. It depends entirely on what your goal is for that particular moment.

Meditation can be as simple as reflection over the days events, it can be a relaxation technique, and it can be used when performing MA.

My skill level is still very premature, but I find that I can relax and perform a technique slowly, striving for that unattainable perfection. But as I speed up, I lose that meditative state, and I start to get sloppy. Maybe that comes with time.

Jarrett Meyer

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

-- Albert Einstein

This is a tough question to answer on specifics. For example, my Mind Dumping article only focuses on one primary aspect of mind dumping. But there are as many aspects of mind dumping or meditation as there are people.

Now in the general sense of meditation, take a quick look as to what you are actually doing. Your are executing various breathing techniques that relaxes you. This relaxation relaxes "all" muscles (for the most part). This relaxation dramatically improves blood flow and oxygen to the blood. This allows the body to regenerate for one thing, it also alllows good blood flow to the brain. Thus, clear thought and hightened senses of all parts of the body (nerves not inhibited or irritated) are a result.

With this accomplished, depending on your purpose of meditating, you can better relax, repair some minor body damage through increased blood flow, visualize better, etc... It's a very personal experience that only you can relate to and many times can't be explained.

However, once fully understanding these concepts of meditation, and then practice or apply them with physical movement or activities, you can greatly enhance or heighten what ever you do - be it typing, playing guitar, sports, etc... It's a training tool as well as just being good for personal health.

Don't try to go to the level of were you don't understand or enjoy what you are doing. Just do it to the level that it has some meaning to you and that's it. If you want to take it further or deaper, do it. It won't hurt.

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/