• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best most competitive organizations???

NASKA, IMAC, NBL, which one and if anyone is part of these fill me in on the competition, cost to join, and whatever else.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was a member of the NBL for two or three years in my youth. Not sure of the fees. the tournaments are usually run fairly descent. It works like so:

Local MA's put on tournaments in their area and the NBL sanctions it and gives it a 'rank'. The larger the tournament, the higher the ranking it will get. Each place that you get in a local tournament gets you a set number of points depending on the rank of the tournament. for example: if you go to a small tournament and place 1st, you might get 8 points. if you go to a larger tournament and place 1st you might get 15 points.

the more tournaments you go to, the more points you accumulate. if you accumulate enough, you qualify to go to the Super Grands World Games. I went to Niagra Falls, Las Vegas and Savannah, GA.

Fun, but a lot of politics. It's hard to place if you're from a school that doesn't have a lot of members, especially judges.

"Fun, but a lot of politics. It's hard to place if you're from a school that doesn't have a lot of members, especially judges"

What you mean?

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

The system is driven by schools. There are schools that really push their students to sign up and compete in the NBL. some may even require it. They, therefore, have a strong knowledge of what the judges want to see and teach that to their students.

Also, these schools with so many competitors get to have their Black Belts be on a judging panel. If there are 200 students from one school competing and 50 judges from the same school, chances are, a competitor will have a judge from the same school at least once. I hate to say it, but i think that sometimes these types of schools can be biased.

Besides that, it's intimidating to be standing around your ring, getting ready, seeing the other competitors and their coaches, then the coach go sit down and become a judge. You just know right then that you got some tough competition.

Ah dang it's like that huh. Geez so that is one of the most competitive organizations. What made you get out of it?

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

I left competions all together for many reasons.

a series of letdowns at national level, getting a 'real job', moving out away from my parents, politics, i quit doing forms/katas, and i got into competitions really seriously and i don't believe that competitions should be your driving force for studying the Arts. I had to take a break from them to get back to the roots.

I do not have any personal knowledge of any of these organizations, but the instructor of the Tang Soo Do school that I worked out with, spoke very highly of the NASKA.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

scottnshelly I understand. I'm 23 and I'm at a point where I missed years of training and I'm not where I should be at this age, but I'm catching up quick. My work ethic and desire is very high though I'm a family man wife and 3 kids. Yeah kinda young for all that but God's been good.

I feel I'm in a spot where I can work and come out of this small Indiana town and compete with the best. I have the ability but I just need a chance. I want a chance to see where I am with the best and a U.S. Open, Diamond Nationals, or any NASKA tourney is where it's at.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

That's cool man tell us a little about it. :karate:

"What's your style?"

"My style?"