• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Picking a fight?

Scott&Shelly,

As mentioned before by other members, weapons play a big role. If you go looking for a fight, you can easily get more than you bargined for. Thugs won't hesitate to pull the trigger......

1-up!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking for a fight is foolish. You should know your own skills. It seems you are in need to prove something...find out what it is and find another way to fill that emptiness. Because you hold martial arts training you have an advantage, when you have an advantage, you should never take advantage, especially on another person.

.: No matter what happens you must have faith in yourself, or no one else will ever have faith in you. If you have the desire, you can do anything :. (A quote from my sensei)

looking for a fight is foolish. You should know your own skills. It seems you are in need to prove something...find out what it is and find another way to fill that emptiness. Because you hold martial arts training you have an advantage, when you have an advantage, you should never take advantage, especially on another person.

Wow thats pretty beligerant. There are people who make their careers out of fighting, who need to look good. those UFC people and boxers are fighting becasue they do have something to prove and something to gai. Now bullying others on the street is a whole other basket of eggs, but fighting does have its place.

If I was in the ring I'd take any and all advantages available, and if I was in the position of defending a loved one then you'd better believe I'd be using any and all cheap, dirty, and down right awful advantages I could. That's the problem with the word never. There is usually an exception you never thought about.

oh, i disagree beiner. what does a UFC fighter have to prove? that his style is better than your style? sounds like a "my dad could beat up your dad" sort of thing. most of them are mixed anyway. that they're the best fighter around? that dosen't prove anything; they just did the best job that day of e veryone who competed. sure, some of them gain a bunch of money, but you could do that easier elsewhere. more importantly, the UFC is sport. a violent sport, but a sport none the less, with two trained fighters who agreed to do this. they're fighting. and they're doing it in a controlled environment, with a medic and a referee. it's totally different than going out looking for fights, in which case you're no longer fighting, you're just attacking which you touched on yourself, and i think was the point. unless of course there's something i'm missing.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Oh, don't get me wrong, If a loved one was in danger I would certainly use every skill I possesed to protect them. I may have came off kind of different, but I was simply impling that you shouldn't try to pick fights with someone for the " I'm better than you" effect. If you can find a good sparring partner, that agrees with possible consequences, but has good sportsmanship then great!! But don't just go shove around some John Doe one street just so you can kick some *.

.: No matter what happens you must have faith in yourself, or no one else will ever have faith in you. If you have the desire, you can do anything :. (A quote from my sensei)

One side is what I tell my students when they start classes with me. "If you you start a fight, whether physically, or verbally, and I find out about it...you're out of my class..period!"

This is the line that my own Sensei takes - if he finds out that anyone in his club has started a fight, they are shown the door and not allowed to return.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

In today's litigious society, that is probably a very WISE policy to enact as a studio owner.

Without getting into the ethics/morality of picking fights... what you could get away with a generation ago is very different than these days.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.