• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are you Paranoid?

well, i was obviously picking extremes, it's just that... well, with little siblings who have a tendancy to throw things at you, and i would bet poke you, i really wouldn't want my first reaction to be "SIDE KICK!". god knows if that happened to me, my little sister would be covered in bruises. not to say, of course, that it's bad to be aware of your surroundings, but i really don't think it's good to thrash out when when your 3 year old neighbor jumps out this halloween and jumps out "BOO!"...or your little brother, or you loving wife hoping to surprise you when you get home from work, or...

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a deep breath folks, you can't go hitting everything that gives you a firght, you're acting like a fraidy-cat not a martial artist. If you do have to act with spiderman type reflexes maybe you could put up a defensive move rather than send your little brother to hospital.

I don't want you to think i seriously injured my little brother. I would never just kick out at anything full force until I knew exactly what it was. It was more of a "get away" PUSH KICK, you know? But he fell and hit that wooden thing, thats what actually hurt. And hey! it wasn't all my fault! I mean what kind of weirdo just throws a wallet at someones face for no reason? I think the reason I went off like that was because he threw it at my head, in my TKD class, it is drilled into us to never let a blow get you in the head, because we practice its protection above all else. Maybe as I grow in my MA knowledge I will learn a better sense of control in awareness :roll:

.: No matter what happens you must have faith in yourself, or no one else will ever have faith in you. If you have the desire, you can do anything :. (A quote from my sensei)

Here's one for ya....

I was walking around the side of a good friends house who happened to live next to an open field. The light were out. Our youunger friend who lives next door decided to be funny. He slipped around the other side of the house and snuck(sneaked?) up behind me and grabbed me on the shoulder. I just reacted. He ends up being thrown over my shoulder with my fist a mere cm from his face. It's still pretty funny when I remember the look on his face and him screaming wait!!! stop!!! It's Me!!!! :lol:

Fortunately he was not injured thankfully, I had enough control not to hit him. It was the last time any of my friends ever tried to pull a "Kato"

on me.... :brow:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Ok, here's my little story.

My wife and I went into a Braums [kinda like a "Friendly's" for those of you in the northeast] for a milkshake. While we were waiting for them to make them I decided I needed to pee. So I walk into the bathroom, which was currently unoccupied, walk up to the sole urinal and start taking care of business. About half-way through, I hear the bathroom door open, so I'm thinking "ok, someone else is here now].

The urinal is in a small alcove, and next to it is the stall. All of a sudden, I feel a light pressure on my upper back and my butt at the same time. It felt exactly like someone walking up behind you and standing there just barely touching you. In barely a split second, thinking that it's some nutcase, I start to spin around bringing my elbow up to trash this guy, only to see that it's the door to the stall which has been opened enough to just barely touch my back

Quite frankly it scared the crap out of me, and I was ready to put a major hurtin' on someone, whether or not I was done peeing ;)

Turns out it was one of the employees [female as a matter of fact], coming in to clean the stall or something. Luckily I didn't finish my elbow strike, or the stall door would have probably slammed into her pretty hard.

The moral of this story is that even if you're aware of your situation, it's a good idea to LOOK before you strike [ie. I looked over my shoulder as I was bringing my elbow up as we are taught. Not much point in striking out at targets when you aren't sure where they are now is there?]

DT

- "Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently." Benjamin Franklin

-"If you always do what you've always done you'll always be what you've always been." Dale Carnegie

You had a woman employee, come into the men's bathroom...and you're in there taking care of business? Wow..that's really odd, and you have good grounds for a major lawsuit against that conmpany! No kidding.

In Europe, that's not uncommon (or wasn't when I was there in the mid-70's). Heck, we had little old grannies in there cleaning up the place with all sorts of guys pee'ing against the wall (that's what they used for urinals back then). it was accepted as a normal procedures...but here in the states..no way should that woman have been in there when you were.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

but here in the states..no way should that woman have been in there when you were.

Well... if she was cute... :brow:

mmmmmmmm...well, I guess that depends on what you're into. I'm not really into women watching me pee...but if you are.... :o

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"