• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Superfoot ......as good as the legend?

No piont in naming names. He made a error in judgement. Never fight a fighter at his own game. Always approach the opponent from a position where you are strong and he is weak.In no other art/sport can the fighter beat a boxer in a boxing/hand fighting match. No art/sport is equal to boxing in a boxing ring when only the hands can be used. Boxers make millions for world title events. If WC was better in the ring the manager would hire the WC trainer and fire the boxing coach.

The subject of this thread was could Bill Wallace fight? Yes he could. Using the rules he fought under and the weight classification he was the best there ever was. Take it from someone who knows.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No point in naming names and yet you have no qualms about mention Bill Wallace as being someone you trained with? You say he is a certifed Sifu but certifed by whom under which organisation? I'm going to be totally honest here and say that in the majority of cases, when people refuse to name names, it's because they can't. Let us know who the sifu is that you beat or I'll just take it to be more internet forum *.

ohayo gozaimasu, o genki desu ka.

i'd have to say that there really is a lot of bad wing chun out there, you sound like an experianced fighter, and your sifu probably never actually put his wing chun into use.

style:wing chun

Don't try to predict the outcome of a fight. just let nature take its course.

Why do I need to give my name? To earn trust? Trust with regards to what? You haven't given us your name so does that mean we can't trust you? Does that mean that because you haven't given us your name we can't believe the things you say?

Anonymity is the gift of the internet. If i wanted my personal information to be know, I would've signed on here using my real name and listed my personal information in my details. Isn't it clever of you to ask for something that you know full well that I would not disclose in order to not have to give the name of the person that you supposed to have beat.

Like i said, normally when people don't give the name, it's because they can't. I think I'll just take what you said to be the usual internet *.

ohayo gozaimasu, o genki desu ka.

Sorry, but I'm going to repeat what I said earlier because my feelings are so strong about this.

Anyone who has not gone into a ring and have someone try to knock their head off should not criticize any boxer or kickboxer. It is much easier from the bleachers.

I have heard so many people talk about this person and that person not being a good kickboxer and many of these people never trained in kickboxing. They have on idea how hard it is to even be recognized as a caliber kickboxer.

For Bill Wallace to be an undefeated champion kickboxer, he had to be good and if the critics jumped in the ring with him during his prime, he would probably knock them out.

I am older than most people out there so be aware that I did see Bill Wallace fight in his prime and he was FAST and ACCURATE!

I ONLY respect negative comments from CHAMPION CALIBER KICKBOXERS because they are the ones who really earned the right to criticize other champion kickboxers.

What works works

Pineapple,

Forums have so many armchair warriors that it is rare to find a comment from a fighter. You are right Wallace was the best in his day. And unless you've faced a boxer in the ring you can't begin to understand the world of hurt they can put you in. The only real counter to a good boxer/kickborer is grappling. No other stand up art, be it kung fu, karate, tae kwon do. etc will compare to a boxer in his element...the ring.

That's strange. I was always under the impression that many karate schools and Chinese schools pride themselves on their grappling. Perhaps more modern emphasized karate does not, but Okinawan karate schools that remain to true to their roots do.

You say that no other school ... etc. can compare to a boxer in his element...the ring. In that case, if a wrestler (or judoka or something...I still hold by my assertion that traditional karate is saturated with grappling) fought a boxer in the ring using boxing rules, I can't imagine he would fare that much better (if not much, much worse).

On the other hand, if you were simply stating that a grappler is the only person who could stand up against a boxer/kickboxer in a fight without rules, then your original framework (the boxer in the ring) does not apply. In this case, I would say those that train without rules (karate grapplers for example) would fare better.

As a note, I did box in college. Why did I quit eventually? Apart from the health effects of cutting weight, it wasn't a complete enough combative discipline for me. Sure, it was fun, demanding and rewarding. Sure, there were those that could more than well defeat me in the ring. Outside of the ring is an entirely different matter.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/