Superfoot ......as good as the legend?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen one of Bills last fights. He whooped the guy pretty easy. He only used that left leg though and I don't understand why. His punching was good. But who knows they only way we would know how good any of these legends are is if they actually sparred each other but none did. Bruce didn't, Joe, Chuck, Bob, Mike, Bill, Ed, Jim, and others didn't spar each other.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if he admited only using his left side.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

Just found this site doing a search for Bill Wallace tapes. I have a few current tapes of Mr. Wallace doing a few seminars in Austin, TX. I belong to a a system that is certified as a "Superfoot" school, Mr. Wallace comes to Austin a few times a year teaching seminars and doing Black Belt tests. I can attest to the fact that he is as strong, flexible and quick as ever. He is also very sneaky and can kick you in the head without your ever seeing it coming.

If anyone has tapes to trade, I would be happy to work with you. I am primarily interested in fight tapes during his PKA days.

Let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm by Bill Wallace like I am by Ed Parker and Bruce Lee- the best of their era say they were good, and that's good enough for me. What I've seen of them on film (never saw any of them in person) has only confirmed what I've heard. Bill Wallace was good (as are the other two).

I agree. I had an opportunity to meet and take pictures with Superfoot once at a Super Grands tournament that he came to. He was really nice, talked me to everyone, signed auto-graphs and what-not.

Haven't seen him fight much, but i know that he's done a lot for the MA.

First : As far as the dirty dozen and Steven Segal, Segal said some negative things about Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee, Both friends of Bob Wall and Bob took exception to his remarks, So Bob stated he knew a dozen guys who could kick Segal's tail, Second, Bill Wallace was the best kicker in karate, There were some who could kick air, or bags better, But for the ability to kick a resisting opponent, No one has ever kicked better then Bill Wallace, I had the opportunity to spar Bill a couple of times in tag sparring, and despite knowing what he was going to do the only effective defense I had against his kicks was to beat the heck out of his left foot with my face.

good luck, train hard, train smart.

Bob Rosenbaum

TOTAL COMMITMENT