• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Superfoot ......as good as the legend?

About the using the kick as a jab. Haha.

Man you guys are talking my kinda stuff here. I'm 18, and I grew up watching Bill Wallace on VHS tapes.

My dad told me stories about him, Bill Wallace tryed hitting on my mother(3rd degree black belt at the time).

I practice MT now, and when sparring my father, he often keeps me at bay with his kicks, light, fast, and snappy, and they hurt when they hit you. Then he comes in with hard hooks. So yes, you can use your feet like a jab.

Lead leg side kick, side kick, side kick, hook, round house, side kick, back down to the ground and then BOOM power side kick and you are on the other side of the ring.

Superfoot Wallace was my idol growing up in Tae Kwon Do. I wasn't in no "McDojo" and granted we aren't still fighting people on horses, but Tae Kwon Do works.

I know alot about a little bit, and a little bit about alot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as being protected, I cant really say anything about that because I have no Idea. But he did domintate his fights with only a few basic techniques, and he was great at those techniques. It just goes to show that basics are the best BACK TO BASICS!!!!!

I think he was a good stand up fighter from what I have seen of him on tape!

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I was never really impressed with Wallace back in his heyday. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was good, but never thought he was great so to speak. However, I recently got some old tapes of Wallace that I had never seen before and let me tell you, I was very impressed. He was every bit as good as the hype. I've never seen anybody that can kick to the head as quickly or as powerfully as Wallace, and those kicks came off his lead leg with KO power, very impressive. I'd say he was protected by the PKA somewhat, but he was their golden goose. They had to look after him. The fight with Blinky definitely sounds like they protected him. I've never seen the fight, but would like to see it. If anyone here has a tape of that fight or knows where I can buy or trade for it, then please let me know.

I was never really impressed with Wallace back in his heyday. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was good, but never thought he was great so to speak. However, I recently got some old tapes of Wallace that I had never seen before and let me tell you, I was very impressed. He was every bit as good as the hype. I've never seen anybody that can kick to the head as quickly or as powerfully as Wallace, and those kicks came off his lead leg with KO power, very impressive. I'd say he was protected by the PKA somewhat, but he was their golden goose. They had to look after him. The fight with Blinky definitely sounds like they protected him. I've never seen the fight, but would like to see it. If anyone here has a tape of that fight or knows where I can buy or trade for it, then please let me know.

Hi, I saw that fight long time ago( i don't remember if the fight was complete or edited though) in one of Wallace Panther Instructional tapes, "bill Wallace super kicking techniques"... it has one additional fight. You can buy that tape on Century or any place that still sells Panther videos.

47MartialMan - Yeah, Wallace was part of the Magnificent 7 or whatever they called themselves. They were all after Segal. Had a bunch of famous guys in it.

Karateka_latino - Thanks for the info. I think I've seen those tapes still for sale. I'll try to find out.

Why were they after Segal? Do you have any details?

I don't remember very well. But it seems Segal stated on a interview that none could beat him or something.

Well, some Black Belts didn't liked what he says and issue a challenge to him in the "Black Belt Magazine".

I remember the group involved Benny Urquidez, Howard Jackson, Bob Wall and a brunch of other guys that used to be called "the dirty dozen".. because they were 12 of them. lol

Now, i don't remember what Segal said about it , but nothing really happend, no actual physical confrontation.