• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you think ot Kyokushikai Karate?

ibuki

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have never had the opportunity to train in it but have met somepeople who have and their technique is really good. The concentrate on the free fighting aspect and are great at sparring. If i could I would love to experiment with it.

Draw close to god, and god will draw close to you. James 4:8

• 2 weeks later...

kyokushin is definantly a style worth training,

ive been doing it for 12years now and still find something new or amazing in it every day.

Osu.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

The Kyokushin is a great art not just for the good techniques and the hard training. The aspect of mind and the search of yourself become this Karate a big way.

"Karate is to stop the agressive spirit" - Sosai Mas Oyama

• 3 months later...

I began Kyokushinkai in 1980 at the age of 14, and will probably train in this style until I die.

After trying various other styles, none have ever matched the level of training that I had from my old Kyokushinkai Sensei. (Note, not all Kyokushin sensei's that I have known are as demanding as mine was. It was his expectations of perfection that pushed us to push ourselves in the dojo, and in life.) (He is still the only one that I refer to as "my Sensei".)

For me, the Kyokushin philosophy has become integral part of who I am. Not everyone that has taken it feels quite as strongly as I, but there it is.

OSU!

Curious though... isn't it full contact? Do you wear protective gear? I know from my experience, if some of our people used full contact... YIKES!

Yes you do use protective gear. Shinguards, teeth protectors and protective cups.

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence,

but in the mastery of his passions.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Enshin is full contact and we don't use all tha protective gear.We use cloth instep and shinguards and gloves.Anyway I've never actually done Kyokushin,but I know Enshin is very similar to Kyokushin.Kancho Joko Ninomiya started Enshin after he won tha all Kyokushin tournament in 1978.I enjoy Enshin immensely so I'm sure I would enjoy Kyokushin as well.

ISAIAH 53:5