• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

choosing styles for a novel

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks for the imput, everyone!

The name of the novel is going to be orbcast, and the plots still being hammered out... I'll be sure to let everyone know when it's done! (It's a nanwrimo, so I hope to finish it by december.)

The main reason that I am looking for specific disciplines is not so that I can mention them by name in the story but so that I can base the characters fighting styles on them- so that the fights make at least a little sense.

...and yes, I do admit that the weapons are rather ordinary, but I didn't include three other characters because I assumed there were no arts for them:

female with two handguns (that can turn into blades)

female with many whips (as many as 20 at one time)

male with crystal orbs embedded into his palms (used for emitting thread-like enigmas)

If I write down a scene, I might put it up to see what everbody thinks.

• 2 months later...

From what I have heard, San Soo was taught to the Red Army.

Mao’s army was very different from the Guomintang. Officers were forbidden from beating men in the ranks. Though officers had the right to decide orders etc. they were of equal importance to the men and all soldiers were encouraged to speak their minds freely. However, it would be wrong to portray the Red Army as a force without problems. In 1930, Mao ordered 2000 Red Army soldiers to be shot for staging a revolt. The Red Army was sent out to help the peasants in Hunan. This help, given free of charge, converted many to the cause of Mao. The Red Army also had to abide by the "Six Principles of the Red Army".

Put back all doors when you leave a house

Rice-stalk mattresses must all be bundled up again and returned

Be polite. Help people when you can.

Give back everything you borrow, even if it’s only a needle.

Pay for all things broken, even if only a chopstick.

Don’t help yourself or search for things when people are not in their houses.

The Red Army also protected the rights of women. Traditional peasant society had kept women as second class citizens. They were expected to do what their husbands told them to do or as their family said if they were unmarried. Under the Red ARm, this was not so. Women were given far more rights though, perhaps, not full equality

It wasnt founded by Mao--- though, It was in fact founded by Jimmy H. Woo. Brought over to Americ, Im sure you can find out the rest.

"Man who stands on toilet, is high on pot."