• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

RyuKyu Kempo?

Little Dragon

anyone ever heard of this? ive quit tkd and in search of a karate dojo and there is one around my area and they teach circle grappling,arnis,and ryukyu kempo(pressure point karate).If anyone knows anything about this karate can you inform me more about it? thank you.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never actually seen the system, but I hear good things about it. Keep in mind that it will be a LOT different than the TKD you were taking, so go in with an open mind. If what I hear about it is true, and the sensei is good...I think you'll find that it is going to be a very good system and much more practical than what you were taking previously.

Most likely it will be a lot different than TKD, and I would strongly suggest not trying to compare them in your mind, or vocally in class.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

A good mate of mine is a 4th Dan in RyuKyu Kempo. I occasionally travel up to do some cross training at his club, and he comes down to our club for the same. Of course it will depend on the instructor again but from what I have seen it is a very good MA.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

My Bro-in-Law runs a dojo that features JJ, RyuKyu Kempo, and Modern Arnis. Sounds like some George Dillman stuff....I'm a little leary about some of the stuff Dillman teaches...."touchless knockouts" and stuff like that. I'll believe it when I experience it.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body".....my Makiwara tells me so.

My Bro-in-Law runs a dojo that features JJ, RyuKyu Kempo, and Modern Arnis. Sounds like some George Dillman stuff....I'm a little leary about some of the stuff Dillman teaches...."touchless knockouts" and stuff like that. I'll believe it when I experience it.

Anything to do with Dillman...RUN!!! Is RyuKyu kempo Dillman's system?

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Ryu Kyu Kempo is Dillmans system

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

In that case...I'd steer clear of it. My beef with Dillman is his claims of where he "learned" his one touch techniques. He claims to have learned in one weekend of training with the late OSensei Soken Hohan, late head of the system I practice. It's generally accepted within my system that his claims are totally false and he has never been able to produce anything in the way of actual proof other than his word to back up his claim.

Plus, anybody that knew and worked with OSensei Soken knew that he would not teach somebody that just walks in his dojo and says "Teach me these techniques". OSensei would have probably, in his mid/late 80's even, have tossed Dillman out the door! Personally, I never worked with OSensei Soken, but many of my instructors have, and they knew him well enough to know what he would...and wouldn't do. They say Dillman is full of you-know-what..and that's good enough for me. You'd have to know my instructors to really understand and believe that they know what they are talking about.

ERRRR not necessarily!!!!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

DILLMAN did not create RYUKYU KEMPO Taikia Sieyu Oyata did. Dillman was at a couple of seminars then started teaching his version, at that point Oyata changed the neame of his system you can find out more here.

http://www.kushu.com/aboutRT.htm

I am a shodan in RYUKYU KEMPO and live in NJ I know just about all the schools and can give good insight on what they do. They can be in the linage of the following all have good and bad points depending on the school.

Dillman

Oyata

Muncy/Moneymaker

If you PM I will be glad to answer anything I can. What school are you looking at.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"