• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hard Times at the Dojo

The thing is, this lady, whom is 49, acts like a total child. She makes faces and makes comments.

She started talking to my sensei's son last night, like nothing happened, and he just talked to her and was polite. There is NO WAY that I can just forgive her with her acting like a snob. I think that I will just walk away from her if she starts talking to me because what else can I do? It's not like I can hook punch her or take out her knee(this is VERY tempting.) I am not going to give myself a reason to try anything stupid by letting her provoke me. But my question is what is the christen thing to do? :(

Make'm cry or get disqualified.

The more you sweat in the dojo, the less you bleed on the streets.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... the Christian thing to do. I'm sorry, that was funny.

What you should be thinking about, is what you shouldn't be doing, like letting her get under your skin. Essentially, you're letting this woman's previous actions influence you... still. Let it go. Don't give her that much power over you that she can walk away, and you're still allowing your wounds to fester. Just heal, grow, and move on.

If another incident occurs, again report it to the instructor. Seeing as you are a minor (am i incorrect in this?), an adult can get in a heat of trouble for harrassing you, so don't feel like you're powerless here. Just focus on your studies and don't worry about it anymore. Like i said, if something like this happens again, take it to your instructor's attention. If you feel the problem extends beyond the classroom (you mentioned something about enjoying a spa with someone), then bring it to your parents' attention.

But, again, most importantly... be a duck.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

my question is what is the christen thing to do? :(

The Christian thing to do is the very thing that you said you did not want to do. That is to forgive her. Now by doing that, you do not need to befriend her, or reach out to her in any way that is uncomfortable to you, but you should find a way to releive this hatred and anger that you are carrying around.

One way to do this might be to approach her, and make a pre-emptive apology. I know that you did not do anything wrong in this situation, but please think about this idea. I have seen this work with my own children.

Approach her somewhere private. Maybe there is an office you could use at your dojo, or in the parking lot, but make sure you are away from other people so that this will be a private conversation. Tell her that you something you need to apologize for. Explain that your feeling were hurt with the different situations that you ahve described to us. Explain to her that you were feeling a lot of anger towards her because of those situations. then tell her you need to apologize for carrying that anger around. Ask her for her forgivness. I would almost place a bet that she will offer her own apology to you when she hears how she has made you feel.

This is just one idea. Think about it. I'm not saying it will definetly work, but it might be worth a try...

If she starts mouthing off again while you are trying to apologize, you can always go with the reverse punch... well, maybe not.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.