• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What's an MC Dojang?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
What is it?

The Korean version of a McDojo. Basically, any martial arts school that is of poor quality, substandard instruction, belts for lttle work, etc.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

So like if all kids pass belt tests no matter what.

I'd guess usually...yes. We call them "belt factories" a lot on here.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I wouldn't necessarily put it that way...often everyone will pass abelt test because the instructor doesn't let anyone who isn't ready test to begin with...

but you have the basic idea. If everyone is always ALLOWED to test and pass no matter what, if the focus is always more on attaining the belt than on training, if hey are charging for every little thing, including different levels of instruction, if they are guaranteeing black belts in a certain amount of time, etc...there's really no well-defined criteria, but generally it comes down to the focus being more on making money than providing quality instruction....

Now a lot of people get carried away with this accusation. An instructor has every right to charge whatthe market will bear for instruction, cover his expenses, ad make enough to provide for him/herself and family.

The problem comes when there are charges for every little thing, and they get progressively more expensive for comparitively little gain...

I wouldn't necessarily put it that way...often everyone will pass abelt test because the instructor doesn't let anyone who isn't ready test to begin with...

Not so, they will pass to keep the student happy. A happy student is a "satisfied customer". If it deals with kids, "little Johnny" wants to keep up with "little Billy".

but you have the basic idea. If everyone is always ALLOWED to test and pass no matter what, if the focus is always more on attaining the belt than on training, if hey are charging for every little thing, including different levels of instruction, if they are guaranteeing black belts in a certain amount of time, etc...there's really no well-defined criteria, but generally it comes down to the focus being more on making money than providing quality instruction....

How true and how much it happens.

Now a lot of people get carried away with this accusation. An instructor has every right to charge what the market will bear for instruction, cover his expenses, ad make enough to provide for him/herself and family.

The problem comes when there are charges for every little thing, and they get progressively more expensive for comparitively little gain...

Well put

money, money , money. also quality suffers greatly. this is a fact of life in martial arts unfortunatly.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"