• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Difference in Korea and The US

This is South Korea, right?

I can't imagine North Korea allowing any MA except for the military. Way too Communist.

they do itf :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am sad to said, but i saw some black belts videos of a really basic kicks done really wrong, as those BB had never trained in a long and sorrow time.

Here are some BB posting about some easy kicks just like seeking for a new and revolutionry relativity teory.

But, as norther as sad. Here we had some students from canada, w/ blue, red and/or black belt that doesn`t know even how to do an ap shagee.

Sad will be if nor any of u (exept Carnage) can tell me what is an eugul makee, or a dumbok monton shee. Sadest be if u don`t know wt an ap shagee is bcuz some of your schools had show that can`t performs one as God comands.

well yea ap chagi means front kick

can you tell me what bandae dollyo chagi is?

Ahp Cha-gee = front kick

Eugul(?) Mak-kee = Some kind of block

Eolgul means face or high. It's a face block.

Arae means low, momtong is middle.

"One who controls himself is stronger than one who controls others."

What does one do for 8 hours a day in class? I could not physically manage an eight hour class at the same intensity as the one or two hour classes I'm use to. I guess I mean, is it the difference between sprinting and marathon running? Eight hours could make a really good martial artist, or a really bad one, depending on what and how you practice. I've seen the Korean demo teams do some fantastic board breaking, choreographed fights, and team stuff over there. But I've seen the same team do forms individually that were no different from the average stuff here. And I've seen individual stuff from Europe and the US that is just as good or actually better than the individual stuff from Korea. And for some reason, almost every South American I've met is a competent in full contact sparring. (Of course, their economy is different from ours as well, many of them trained to fight for money, or make a name for themselves for teaching credentials.)

As for North Korea, they have an fancy marble building dedicated to tkd, complete with stadium seating, and a mechanized floor that rises to create a stage. In his latter years, I believe, General Choi oversaw training at that facility. The students there actually trained for a living--it's their job--Although I'm not sure what they are suppose to do with their taekwondo skills, since they can't open up their own school, compete on a tournament circuit or leave the country. But it's better than starving to death waiting for seeds to plant in the empty fields.

I'm not saying it's better to train here. But I do think it depends on who your instructor is and who you are. Not everyone is willing to train hardcore for even two hours a day, even if they can find a competent instructor. Quality vs. Quantity holds true even for training time. (And I would rather live here than there any day--I like ice in my drinks, milk, chocolate, flush toilets, piped sewage, and air conditioning.)

RightMakesMight

"If you're not doing what is right and no one is there to see it--YOU will still know."

"Just because you're not doing anything wrong doesn't necessarily mean you're doing what's right."