• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'll probably start some kickboxing pretty soon. I'll likely be taking BJJ at a school, but I want to supplement that with some solid striking. Can you give me some specific recomendations on bags, wraps, gloves, kicks/instep guards, and prices for each? Thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

https://www.fairtex.com has some good products.

I'd get the thai-pads, shin guard and boxing gloves from them. As far as bag gloves, wraps and other equipment, go to a local sport store and buy cheap stuff. The fairtex equipment lasts a long time.

Good luck!

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

I most definetly agree with thai about fairtex gear. The gear is built to last and built for hardcore training. A lot of gear wont last the type of training were doing at my school so when I get a new student I suggest to them when they decide to order their own equipment to make it fairtex. I'll put it to you like this, we just placed an order with them about 3 months ago and order $2500.00 worth of equipment between 10 of us and I'll tell you the gear is worth every penny.

If you decide to go with the fairtex insteps go for the pro style they are only about $10 more than the standard but worth it, the fairtex training gloves are excellant also. And if you want a good bag look into the fairtex 6ft banana bag!!!!!

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

fairtex is good. They are slow though, generally. I have friends who have waited in excess of five months for their gear. I was able to expedite my order by telling them I had a fight coming up - they shipped it out right away.

you may also look into ringside and twins. Both have great equipment. ringside's thai pads have improved in quality. For cheap things like gloves and wraps, I still get mine online. I don't use bag gloves - gitting ready to buy some, however, but some of the wraps at ringside.com are the same price as they are at my local wal-mart, plus I can but them in packs.

dont forget a cup. they have kinds with gel on the sides now, reeeeally good for grappling, and muay thai.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli