• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does your martial art work?

I would do whatever it would take to get me out of the fight alive even if I had to use "dirty" techniques.

There are dirty techniques in the martial arts? Hmmmm...I've never seen any. :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Those must be the "Secret" techniques I keep hearing about!!! :)

I will take note that no one here has yet posted about how their 540 jump wheel kick has stopped a fight. Which to me shows that most people know enough to stick to the boring old basics.

ShorinryuSensei, I'm surprised that at your size you don't get a lot of people with "small man's syndrome" who feel the need to start a fight with you.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

I will take note that no one here has yet posted about how their 540 jump wheel kick has stopped a fight.

Who told you about the 540 jump wheel kick? That was supposed to be a secret. :x :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have only been close to actually using my MAs twice, but both times I was able to walk away from the situation without throwing or taking a punch. I credit my training to being able to handle the situations the way I did. I may not have had to strike someone, but I was more confident than I would otherwise have been without my training. Without the confidence in myself and my abilities, I may actually have tried to throw the first the punch, or they may have seen something in my body language that would have made them more likely to throw the first punch. Either way, I still credit my training and my art for helping me avoid those confrontations.

Now I must go and practice my 540 jump wheel kick.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

ShorinryuSensei, I'm surprised that at your size you don't get a lot of people with "small man's syndrome" who feel the need to start a fight with you.

Actually, that's who I do have the problems with now and then mostly. Plus, I like to country dance and do so on Wednesday and Satruday nights, and now and then I have some wannabe cowboy with a trash can lid on his belt and high heel boots, try to start something. The bouncer and I are good buds because I always back him up if I'm there, so he watches out for me and takes care of the problem usually before it escalates to anything serious.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I can truley say that yes it works for me. First My instructor had always been great at covering topics such as avoiding situations, paying attention to your surrounding and when to get the heck out of there before the you know what hits the fan. Basically alot of common since but for those of you who have been around the dojo long enough know that a lot of people lack common since. But we also all know that not every situation can be avoided so it has been tested rather it was during my days in the Military of at the bar with my fellow soldiers or in the line of duty as a police officer I have been able to test my training. The tricky part of using your skills as a police officer is you have to use the least amount of force neccesary to subdue the suspect, so punches, eye strikes, kicks and some of the more brutal techniques are a last resort, but the bennifit is most of the time (not all) you out number the suspect. Iam a firm believer in avoiding these situations and I was trained that and that is how I train my students.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!