• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How often do you train?

Kevin K.

I train at the dojo on average 5 sessions a week. On top of that I instruct 4 sessions a week. Occasionally I will meet up with my buddies and do an out of dojo training session.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not nearly as much as I should. My dojo is on a military base and shares it's space with the rest of the base. So it gets whored out for confrences, retirement ceremonies, commissioning ceremonies, you name it. We're only alloted 2 three hour sessions a week. Aside from that, I try to fit it in whenever I can.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body".....my Makiwara tells me so.

I'm like Master Jules. I'm constantly (almost) thinking about application and technique. I physically train at least once a day for an hour. More if you count going through a technique physically after I think about it.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

I train 3 to 5 times a week, depending on schedule and how much my wife gets upset about me spending too much time in the dojo.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

Osu Kevin,

We have a few fighters coming to the Alabama tournament in December.

I think all are fighting full-knockdown, not semi-knockdown though.

I train karate 3 days a week and sometimes 4.

I do weight training for strength (pyramid style) twice a week for around 1.5 hours a session.

At home I practice tonfa and do heavy bag workouts on my roof (at least until the rains come next week).

Osu!

ET

I train every dayat home, but I train at my MA clubs on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur and Fri, along with every other Saturday.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!